Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks all, it's for tubes in his ears. I'm told it's an easy surgery so I'm hoping it all goes well

Well I'll be I am a Pez
Well, you are now!

Pez 2.jpg

Well, I got news today about a prior job that I applied for. Not the one with staffing problems, this one I interviewed for back in Dec. I made it to a 2nd interview. They told me there will be a writing exercise with follow up questions about supervisory and leadership. Man, I have frickin butterflies now. I have no idea what a writing exercise interview even is... Not to mention, that they will also be calling my references. Now I have to figure out how to inform my 2 current Supervisors, who are on that list... Any ideas?

Well, I got news today about a prior job that I applied for. Not the one with staffing problems, this one I interviewed for back in Dec. I made it to a 2nd interview. They told me there will be a writing exercise with follow up questions about supervisory and leadership. Man, I have frickin butterflies now. I have no idea what a writing exercise interview even is... Not to mention, that they will also be calling my references. Now I have to figure out how to inform my 2 current Supervisors, who are on that list... Any ideas?
If you want, whenever you get it written up, send it to me and I'll proof read it for you.

As for telling the current sups, do it one on one, if they're truly good supervisors, they'll take it well.

You can ask them to hold off calling your references until they are sure they want to hire you.

I would talk with the supervisors directly and tell them that you are just exploring options for your future. Tell them that you aren't necessarily looking to leave, but that as a responsible and ambitious person, you are always looking out for new opportunities to improve your options to provide for yourself and family. Reinforce that you have included them on your reference list because you believe that they are people that you can trust to honestly support you and provide an honest and unbiased reference for you.

If you want, whenever you get it written up, send it to me and I'll proof read it for you.

As for telling the current sups, do it one on one, if they're truly good supervisors, they'll take it well.

I wish it worked that way Chris. It wont be done until I go in for the actual interview... So Im totally clueless on what they are going to ask me to write for them.

I also cant do it face to face. Im off of work for 2 more weeks with my foot. It'll have to be either by phone or email. Phone of course being better.

I wish it worked that way Chris. It wont be done until I go in for the actual interview... So Im totally clueless on what they are going to ask me to write for them.

I also cant do it face to face. Im off of work for 2 more weeks with my foot. It'll have to be either by phone or email. Phone of course being better.
Yeah I'd call each of them as soon as I can

You can ask them to hold off calling your references until they are sure they want to hire you.
I mentioned that in the first interview. When I was contacted today, I was told they would be calling them, during the time I will be there for the interview. So just in case I would like them to know ahead of time.

I would talk with the supervisors directly and tell them that you are just exploring options for your future. Tell them that you aren't necessarily looking to leave, but that as a responsible and ambitious person, you are always looking out for new opportunities to improve your options to provide for yourself and family. Reinforce that you have included them on your reference list because you believe that they are people that you can trust to honestly support you and provide an honest and unbiased reference for you.
Sorry Dave, not sure how I missed this.. That sounds pretty damn good. Thank you

Whew, got my taxes filed, that's a relief.
Prayers for your little one, Chris. We are fortunate to have modern medicine.

I would say...." Sam I wanted to tell you that I have been called for an interview and I have listed you as a reference. I love working for you and not sure what may happen. I like/love my job but this may be a way for me to advance. I hope you can give me a good report."

I would say...." Sam I wanted to tell you that I have been called for an interview and I have listed you as a reference. I love working for you and not sure what may happen. I like/love my job but this may be a way for me to advance. I hope you can give me a good report."
That sounds more like how I would talk, LOL I'll have to book mark this page and have it up for when I do call them. LOL

I actually may have the opportunity to go talk to them face to face. I get my cast off tomorrow and will get a new workability report. I would either have to scan and email or hand deliver it. If I hand deliver it I can then stop and talk to them face to face.

I've got the last of everything I need to finish my taxes a few days ago and was planning to do it this weekend. However, my consulting client dropped a bunch of stuff on me that they need by Monday so the taxes may have to wait until next weekend. :(

I've got the last of everything I need to finish my taxes a few days ago and was planning to do it this weekend. However, my consulting client dropped a bunch of stuff on me that they need by Monday so the taxes may have to wait until next weekend. :(
Ours will get done in August. My wife, (a CPA) is 80 hours a week busy with the city's budget. We usually file for a extension.

Yeah I did that for a couple years but it was just too expensive
We plan on it every year so its not shocking to us.. We could do it ourselves, but when we sold then bought our new house, plus having my daughter every other year and there was something else. We thought it would be easier to just pay.. Have been ever since.

The tax code makes me crazy. It's designed to keep you from breaking into the next level of income at every turn.

My income has tripled in the past 10 years, but my net after taxes is less than half of that. It only changes once you pass the max limit on all taxes (local, state, federal) then your net income gain matches your gross income gain (or better).

It's a built-in resistance to getting ahead by increasing the tax rates exponentially on the middle class as their income rises.

Wonder why there is no support for a flat tax rate? The ones at the top would pay more as a percentage than they do now and the ones in the middle would pay less. There are more in the middle so tax revenues would drop...and the ones at the top paying more isn't enough to make up for it.

I wonder how things would change if votes were weighted by the percent of your income you paid in taxes? (insert sound of politicians wailing and running for shelter).

*This isn't a political commentary, just an observation regarding the logistics of government funding...no political parties or individuals were named...or blamed. Your mileage may vary.

The tax code makes me crazy. It's designed to keep you from breaking into the next level of income at every turn.

My income has tripled in the past 10 years, but my net after taxes is less than half of that. It only changes once you pass the max limit on all taxes (local, state, federal) then your net income gain matches your gross income gain (or better).

It's a built-in resistance to getting ahead by increasing the tax rates exponentially on the middle class as their income rises.

Wonder why there is no support for a flat tax rate? The ones at the top would pay more as a percentage than they do now and the ones in the middle would pay less. There are more in the middle so tax revenues would drop...and the ones at the top paying more isn't enough to make up for it.

I wonder how things would change if votes were weighted by the percent of your income you paid in taxes? (insert sound of politicians wailing and running for shelter).

*This isn't a political commentary, just an observation regarding the logistics of government funding...no political parties or individuals were named...or blamed. Your mileage may vary.

-
Back