Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I got my C body clutch pedals in

Kinda disappointed ....all that money and the top bracket had been broken and brazed ....the pin is welded in ....everything is loose.

I don't know what to think

Its American....
That alone is enough for me.

We don't need any of that Jap toy junk around here
But it's a GM...

I can go either way. Heh.

Our mail lady the lovely Gwendoline said that the other day after my brother in law noted she was driving on the wrong side of the car. Yeah, both ways, see, on account o' she's a mail lady. Heh.

Well, my disappointment comes in the money spent ....not so much the repair.

I can fix it....no issue

But to pay almost 400 bucks and then need 20 hours of work ........arrrrrrrr
i'd be finding who you bought them from and demanding to return them

Yea, but here is the problem.

This is a very rare part.

If I return, will I get my hands on another set ??????

Big if which is why I am not sure what to do yet

Yea, but here is the problem.

This is a very rare part.

If I return, will I get my hands on another set ??????

Big if which is why I am not sure what to do yet
well, what's it worth as is? I would contact the seller and mention the condition isn't what you expected and see what they say...

so yea, today I am breaking out the welder ....sure is going to be nice to get back to quality time with an old friend after all this office pencil pushing I have been doing.

Especially if its a hard part to get ....:thumbsup:

they are VERY hard to get ahold of......C-body people anywhere can tell you how far and in between they are because they would have typically come in a slant six/three on the tree C-body ....like how many of those have you ever seen .....or a factory 4 speed car ...again, not exactly something you see everyday.

so yea, today I am breaking out the welder ....sure is going to be nice to get back to quality time with an old friend after all this office pencil pushing I have been doing.

Today I'm staying inside. I got sick since returning from VN..Quick temp changes I guess...Rani..Does that happen to you when you come back to the US from India ??

But it's an A-body
From this...
100_4449.JPG
100_4454.JPG
100_4458.JPG

...to this. So far. Plus the rear differential, axles and hardware are all cherried-out too, though I haven't got a pic of those to post on here yet. Later..
100_4467.JPG

Today I'm staying inside. I got sick since returning from VN..Quick temp changes I guess...Rani..Does that happen to you when you come back to the US from India ??
only the first time I came to uSA ....when I left India, it was like 85 degrees (in January) and I get to Denver and it was like 15 degrees and windy snow. I wasn't prepared and not expecting such cold, so I had on a t-shirt with a sweater and a full length straight skirt. The cold kicked my ***.

After that I got used to it and I was better prepared for the destination

Good morning, finishing coffee, been researching upcoming events, friends planning a visit sometime this Spring I hope...this winter has been so warm I'm thinking it will be getting hot soon and the bug population didn't get killed. I see Loretta Lynn is coming here in April, that's a show I'd pay money to see, she won't be around forever and there's certainly no one else like her.

only the first time I came to uSA ....when I left India, it was like 85 degrees (in January) and I get to Denver and it was like 15 degrees and windy snow. I wasn't prepared and not expecting such cold, so I had on a t-shirt with a sweater and a full length straight skirt. The cold kicked my ***.

After that I got used to it and I was better prepared for the destination
Yeah.. It was like 85-90 in Vietnam for a month...Then I come home to 30 deg here...Brutal !!!

-
Back