Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They have a ton of removed new stuff, I usually buy switches fans and hyd stuff from them I have to find a pic of the hops picker I built with a ton of their stuff.

3321-3043.jpg

3322-3044.jpg

iT IS THE MEAT FROM A COMBINE, ADDED THE FEED ROLLERS AND CHAINS AND ENGINES, IT IS A FREAKING BEAST WHEN IT GETS GOING, a ton of inertia in it, easily shreds a 4 x 4 but works great for stripping hops off the bines, It is at my friends field the last two years.

iT IS THE MEAT FROM A COMBINE, ADDED THE FEED ROLLERS AND CHAINS AND ENGINES, IT IS A FREAKING BEAST WHEN IT GETS GOING, a ton of inertia in it, easily shreds a 4 x 4 but works great for stripping hops off the bines, It is at my friends field the last two years.
hmmm i have a combine here.......

I have one that was my grandfathers, One of the best at pulling nails, do not know why it is not common now.
Cause hardly anyone re-uses anything! We have become a throw away society!

Biggest problem with most pallet/crate wood is box nails. Spiral shank nails that are designed to NEVER come out. Especially if they are in hardwood. Might want to pull one apart to see what it takes before you commit to doing hundreds. I have already cut the thin boards close on top. Then split the remaining part that is only the width of the other board so the pieces break away from the nails. Then either hammer the nails in or cut them off. Or nick them and they usually break pretty easy. Angle grinder with cut wheel knocks them off quick. It won't be easy, but if the savings is worth the time...

Biggest problem with most pallet/crate wood is box nails. Spiral shank nails that are designed to NEVER come out. Especially if they are in hardwood. Might want to pull one apart to see what it takes before you commit to doing hundreds. I have already cut the thin boards close on top. Then split the remaining part that is only the width of the other board so the pieces break away from the nails. Then either hammer the nails in or cut them off. Or nick them and they usually break pretty easy. Angle grinder with cut wheel knocks them off quick. It won't be easy, but if the savings is worth the time...
yeah, these are just 8Ds

im guessing that sheer number of 4x6s and 4x4s alone will save me roughly 3000 maybe more

That is commendable using the pallet wood. I had to break down pallets when I was a teenager working for my Grandpa. Maybe listen to tunes while you do it.

Going to check on the Fury today. Haven't heard anything all week and I told Mr. Davis to keep it till it's running right. Maybe he lost my phone number. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear what he tracked down as the fuel leak and how much trouble it was. I hope it wasn't too bad, for my wallet and also Mr. Davis is well into his 70's...though his son and another guy work there too...but I see the looks on the younger guys faces whenever I pull up, I don't think they like messing with old Mopars.

That is commendable using the pallet wood. I had to break down pallets when I was a teenager working for my Grandpa. Maybe listen to tunes while you do it.

Going to check on the Fury today. Haven't heard anything all week and I told Mr. Davis to keep it till it's running right. Maybe he lost my phone number. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear what he tracked down as the fuel leak and how much trouble it was. I hope it wasn't too bad, for my wallet and also Mr. Davis is well into his 70's...though his son and another guy work there too...but I see the looks on the younger guys faces whenever I pull up, I don't think they like messing with old Mopars.
yeah, im the shop foreman's new best friend. they have to pay 60 bucks a pallet to send them off.

Happy TGIF FABO! The party starts now, lots of good work in the shop today for me!
We have had a day without immigrants.
We are having a day without women coming up.
Please lord, give us a day without assholes!
Rat out----------------------------------------------------:)

lunch time! havin' me a big ol' turkey, ham and asiago cheese sammie.. hell yea. I got the back of the truck cleaned out and it is sitting in the sun melting what little was left. I got the front of the garage 1/2 cleared away but the ice under the snow is thick and I can't find my ice chopper - of course! So then I ended up doing a bunch snow removal off the roof - which is always SO much fun- not! The better half just went shopping and asked me to get the hot tub ready - so, finish some lunch, do that and then FINALLY get out into the garage!

-
Back