Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My son went to his job site at 4:30 this morning, he will quit at about 12:00, go back at it at 6pm, it has been over 100 degree's here and humid as hell !! He is framing a house..

A little better than tarring a roof! That has to be one of the worst jobs there is!

A little better than tarring a roof! That has to be one of the worst jobs there is!

When I was in High School, during 3 summers I worked for an Asphalt Co. in Virginia, on a road gang putting down new Asphalt. The Material 277 deg coming off the trucks and the paving machines.

This is where I stopped last night!

Attachments

• PICT0997.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT0998.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 52
  • PICT0999.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 62
Dang, that sounds miserable Mike

It is Mike, He is out in the sun and not a shade tree in site, I took them a small clean cooler half filled with ice and topped off with white seedless grapes yesterday and him and his partner was saying how well they cooled them off, I said it's an old trick uncle Robert showed me back in the day :coffee2:

A lot better , Roofing is the worst in this weather, Creed did put some decking up for shade :color:

When I was in High School, during 3 summers I worked for an Asphalt Co. in Virginia, on a road gang putting down new Asphalt. The Material 277 deg coming off the trucks and the paving machines.

#-o I have seen crews out doing that and I said to myself NO WAY ! I bet that is crazy hot :glasses7:

I think the worst thing I ever did was re wire a c-130 fuel tank in Kuwait, That was hot even at night!

I see you got the pipe out last night :D or should I say hung :cheers:

Our foreman fell out on the job one 98 deg day. Went to the Hospital. He was hung over on that day though. We used to have to eat salt pill each day.

No fitting them, I have the kit from Summit and it is pretty good so far. I might have to cut one of the pipes down since I am using the Schumacher header "ball and socket" pipes.

A friend/customer yesterday has a 741 case Sure Grip with a 3:23 he would sell (he said cheap). It will slip right in my housing on my Swinger if it checks out ok. I hope it's a clutch type and the bearings and gear mesh checks out ok.

A friend/customer yesterday has a 741 case Sure Grip with a 3:23 he would sell (he said cheap). It will slip right in my housing on my Swinger if it checks out ok. I hope it's a clutch type and the bearings and gear mesh checks out ok.

:cheers: I take it yours is not a sure grip, Make sure it is a 27 spline :D

Ya I have a 1 wheel peel. I did get a 1 wheel second gear scratch the other day.

I just got the proper master cyl from Dr. Diff and really like his products.

-
Back