Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK.. i get that on a chassis dyno there are torque multiplication factors from gearing and parasitic losses...... I'm just looking at engine dyno stuff (which seem to use about 3k as their bottom rpm range). But if any engine makes 300 lb-ft of torque at 2626 rpm, horsepower is half that? Math says so... and if it makes 400 T, HP is 200???? Just trying to wrap my head around it. Seems the 'gap' between HP and torque curves should look the same (or similar) for any engine (granted it's torque producing properties could make the slopes of the lines radically different, but the numeric 'gap' should remain the same, percentagewise).. i may be high tho...

Don't forget, engines rarely have a smooth, no dip in power , power band. Little dips can affect things and the curve over the rpm band.

dang, I feel fuzzy ....I have been staying off the Dew for the last week.

I had to go to the doctor last week because I was sweating and my heart was beating real fast and I couldn't sleep.

I would doze off and as soon as I woke up, my heart would start beating mega fast and I was getting dizzy.

Doc said to stay off the Dew for one month and compare how I feel.

One week in and I feel better. I have been getting a lot of sleep but I crave it at odd times.

I think I am a Dew junky
No thinking about it! You are a Dew junkie!

Don't forget, engines rarely have a smooth, no dip in power , power band. Little dips can affect things and the curve over the rpm band.
Yep. We call that "change in the slope of the curve". When one slope changes the other can change dramatically depending on where it is with the mathematical relationship and even make it go downward like you see in the Tq curve I posted between 3700-4300 RPM.

Having technical difficulties getting my car to Hoppyland..Got a trailer and a truck. Got a hitch at right height. Has the right plug for lights. Problem: brakes. Trailer has electric brakes that are in good working order with breakaway and battery. BUT, truck has no controller to operate them. :BangHead: Anyone familiar with adding a controller? (GMC Sierra 1500)

Having technical difficulties getting my car to Hoppyland..Got a trailer and a truck. Got a hitch at right height. Has the right plug for lights. Problem: brakes. Trailer has electric brakes that are in good working order with breakaway and battery. BUT, truck has no controller to operate them. :BangHead: Anyone familiar with adding a controller? (GMC Sierra 1500)
The aren't hard to wire in, I did it on my old '96 F-150 It's just a inertial control module with a touch pad to be able to activate the trailer brakes independently of inertia. It's a pretty simple wiring job. The controller just activates the trailer brakes based on inertia...so you aren't cutting into the Truck harness, you just need power and run the connector to the rear for the trailer brakes. Intertial sensitivity is just a dial on the side of most of them.

If you have an RV dealer nearby, you can probably pick one up that is plug-n-play for the truck.

If you have an RV dealer nearby, you can probably pick one up that is plug-n-play for the truck.
His manual says he should have wiring from the cab back and even includes harness for the controller if he can find it.

His manual says he should have wiring from the cab back and even includes harness for the controller if he can find it.
Was going to say most newer trucks are set up with a pigtail that connets either in the kick panel or under the column. I think Hopkins makes a kit. Something likw this. Worth every penny as far a making an easy install
2014-2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Trailer Brake Control Harness - Body Electrical - Hopkins 14-17 Sierra 1500 Trailer Brake Control Harness - 125150-03631533 - PartsGeek

Was going to say most newer trucks are set up with a pigtail that connets either in the kick panel or under the column. I think Hopkins makes a kit. Something likw this. Worth every penny as far a making an easy install
2014-2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Trailer Brake Control Harness - Body Electrical - Hopkins 14-17 Sierra 1500 Trailer Brake Control Harness - 125150-03631533 - PartsGeek
it's a 2002. Looks like it plugs into a fuse box under the dash. Hoping I can find a cheap control at a local store and get this thing working tomorrow.

If it's newer than say 2000, it probably has the harness you just need the right pigtail to go with it, plug and play now a days

My trucks came with them already installed...

A good trailer place may be able to do it...

It's national Donut Day. Dunkin, and other places are giving freebies.
I'm going to grab as many donut holes as I can.

OK.. i get that on a chassis dyno there are torque multiplication factors from gearing and parasitic losses...... I'm just looking at engine dyno stuff (which seem to use about 3k as their bottom rpm range). But if any engine makes 300 lb-ft of torque at 2626 rpm, horsepower is half that? Math says so... and if it makes 400 T, HP is 200???? Just trying to wrap my head around it. Seems the 'gap' between HP and torque curves should look the same (or similar) for any engine (granted it's torque producing properties could make the slopes of the lines radically different, but the numeric 'gap' should remain the same, percentagewise).. i may be high tho...
It doesn't work that way, 5252 is the magic number for engine dyno tests, unless "fudged", for sales & magazine purposes.. I know I am throwing a wrench, in the works.. It's well proven....
Post 142406...You just can't divide in half...Parasitic losses, intake,& exhaust complete tracts, need to RPM UP, to see what the actual combination's chararcterics are....Jus' Sayin'... You can't change truth of physics.....:)

-
Back