Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hmm. wasn't sure best way to do that...Sure would simplify prep. Just don't want the gritty, blotchy look I often see from overspray. I remember chuck has some kind of foam stuff. Wasn't that what it was for? Never seen that in stores.
The aperature tape as it is called is pricey and still leaves a fuzzy edge. Use the 3m green or yellow tape to do your outlining. The blue stuff won't stay on for the duration of the paint job before it starts to come loose or curl up. The paint store will usually cough up some sticks and strainers if you ask. I usually get a pint can also and pour maybe 1/2 pint uncatalyzed into it to save as touch up. there are different ways to do jambs. I use fineline sometimes or tape at the first break.

Don't use a car cover when towing a car... A guy in our Superbird club trailered his car to a meet with the cover on, and it beat up the new paint job... :mad::BangHead:
Definitely not covering the fresh paint for the ride home. I did get a piece of 3.5 mil plastic I may use on the ride up. Don't see any way that could hurt it. The ride up is near the river/ through the forest at some points, so bugs could be a real issue. Don't expect to be moving high speed.
Chris, experiment for you.... on your way home today, stick your head out the window at various speeds and let me know at what speed do bugs splatter and stick. :rofl:

???
I rented a tow dolly from them. One day, one way was way more than 49.99...
You got overcharged then. I rented a full car trailer from them to haul the dart when I brought it home, 49.99....

A full moving truck, a 25 footer that we used to move my sister into college last year was 49.99 plus gas deposit which we got back. That truck would hold your car

You got overcharged then. I rented a full car trailer from them to haul the dart when I brought it home, 49.99....

A full moving truck, a 25 footer that we used to move my sister into college last year was 49.99 plus gas deposit which we got back. That truck would hold your car
Or rates are different by area maybe? I see the small box trucks here say like 19.99 on the side. I assume that is local use.

The aperature tape as it is called is pricey and still leaves a fuzzy edge. Use the 3m green or yellow tape to do your outlining. The blue stuff won't stay on for the duration of the paint job before it starts to come loose or curl up. The paint store will usually cough up some sticks and strainers if you ask. I usually get a pint can also and pour maybe 1/2 pint uncatalyzed into it to save as touch up. there are different ways to do jambs. I use fineline sometimes or tape at the first break.
Yeh, I had some other brand yellow that totally sucks. Picked up a couple rolls of 3M yellow today. Then use regular masking tape to attach paper/plastic to that. I was figuring on taping just slightly in around door jambs etc. Hoppy said let overspray 'blend'.?? What do you mean by 'at first break'? Have plenty of strainers. I asked for a couple sticks at paint store and I think he tossed about 10 in the box. LOL

Yeh, I had some other brand yellow that totally sucks. Picked up a couple rolls of 3M yellow today. Then use regular masking tape to attach paper/plastic to that. I was figuring on taping just slightly in around door jambs etc. Hoppy said let overspray 'blend'.?? What do you mean by 'at first break'? Have plenty of strainers. I asked for a couple sticks at paint store and I think he tossed about 10 in the box. LOL
At the first angle. Like the quarter flange in the door jamb, tape it at the back edge. Across the rocker below the door there is really no good way because you need to keep the paint line inside the door with it closed. I'll Take a few pics later so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thought you were painting it? Sounds more like a complete restoration.
Yeah, deeper and deeper, His step son who muffed up the brake caliper rebuilds spotted it. It's not flexing or anything so it's intact, but the weld is scary looking and they only put a 1 inch bead on it. A couple hours to clean it up reweld it and probably fish plate it.

Or rates are different by area maybe? I see the small box trucks here say like 19.99 on the side. I assume that is local use.
There's no mileage limit. So it simple, rent it beginning of the morning at like 7 am, return by closing, 1 day rate, they don't track mileage if you return it to the same place your rented from.

It is more to take it from store a and return to store b .

The ride up is near the river/ through the forest at some points, so bugs could be a real issue. Don't expect to be moving high speed.

Over the river and through the woods... Look out for the big bad wolf...

There's no mileage limit. So it simple, rent it beginning of the morning at like 7 am, return by closing, 1 day rate, they don't track mileage if you return it to the same place your rented from.

It is more to take it from store a and return to store b .
Don't know if that was an option, but it was worth an extra $50 to not drag an empty tow dolly 100miles for me. !0 miles from rental place to where the car was was like riding a jackhammer. :eek::steering:

-
Back