Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Rent round trip and return it where you got it... It's more reasonable...
I'm borrowing a trailer this time, so not an issue...I think Chris's point was to get an enclosed trailer. But if it's not designed to put a car in...:steering::eek:

I'm borrowing a trailer this time, so not an issue...I think Chris's point was to get an enclosed trailer. But if it's not designed to put a car in...:steering::eek:
Enclosed box truck lol

At the first angle. Like the quarter flange in the door jamb, tape it at the back edge. Across the rocker below the door there is really no good way because you need to keep the paint line inside the door with it closed. I'll Take a few pics later so you can see what I'm talking about.
OK, I know what you are saying, but I think I will go with my original plan. I'll have a slight line about 3/8" in. Paint will get in that far without opening door. I'd rather that so I can focus on doing the outside. If I start opening and closing doors, I am asking for disaster. Should be close match, I painted the jambs last year.
What do you think of Ray's idea to just let the overspray hit it -no tape?

Man Trump just really made the world angry as hell hahaha go Trump!!

OK, I know what you are saying, but I think I will go with my original plan. I'll have a slight line about 3/8" in. Paint will get in that far without opening door. I'd rather that so I can focus on doing the outside. If I start opening and closing doors, I am asking for disaster. Should be close match, I painted the jambs last year.
What do you think of Ray's idea to just let the overspray hit it -no tape?
It can carry in pretty far.

Explain something to me cuz I'm stoopid!!

If H = T * RPM/5252

Given a torque curve for an engine, one could plot the HP throughout the rpm range...

The math says that torque and horsepower are always equal at 5252 rpm.
And horsepower is always exactly half of torque at 2626 rpm..

So why do I see HP/Torque curves posted that don't follow the laws? Am I missing something?

If H = T * RPM/5252

Given a torque curve for an engine, one could plot the HP throughout the rpm range...

So why do I see HP/Torque curves posted that don't follow the laws? Am I missing something?
Horsepower is never exactly half of the torque. For that to be true, the equation would have to be H= T / 2 regardless of the rpm

If H = T * RPM/5252

For example.

450 ft lbs @ 4000 rpms

H = 450 * 4000 / 5252

H = 1,800,000 / 5252

H= 342.8

Where you're getting confused is the 5252. That's not the RPM, that's the fixed divisor

So while your rpm can be 2000 or 3000 or 4000, the 5252 stays constant in the formula, the rest of the numbers will change

For example.

450 ft lbs @ 4000 rpms

H = 450 * 4000 / 5252

H = 1,800,000 / 5252

H= 342.8

Where you're getting confused is the 5252. That's not the RPM, that's the fixed divisor

So while your rpm can be 2000 or 3000 or 4000, the 5252 stays constant in the formula, the rest of the numbers will change
I get that the 5252 is a constant (and almost understand where it comes from!)... If you plug in 2626 as rpm with a 5252 divisor, you will get 1/2... Which would always equate to HP being half of Torque at 2626 RPM...

I get that the 5252 is a constant (and almost understand where it comes from!)... If you plug in 2626 as rpm with a 5252 divisor, you will get 1/2... Which would always equate to HP being half of Torque at 2626 RPM...
For that particular RPM, in theory, yes. But then you get into dyno accuracy etc. most dynos measure rpm by hundred or at the lowest 10 rpm. Which throws that off

If H = T * RPM/5252

It's because you aren't using the equation correctly. To determine HP you need to know the torque at a given RPM and then apply the equation to get the HP at that RPM.

Torque at any given rpm does not mean that you can use the equation to calculate the entire torque range unless it is a completely flat or linear curve and you already know what the slope is. The short answer is that the equation is only used to calculate one value from the other (HP or Tq) at any given RPM, not across a range or RPM.

Also, The calculation is for rotating objects and when you look at most dyno sheets they are at the rear wheels and not at the back of the crank which is part of why you see different numbers. The rest is that the internal combustion engine works outside of the basic equation with a dozen other variables that come into play...which is why a vehicle engine can develop 80% of it's peak torque at 1400 rpm.

Last edited:
It's because you aren't using the equation correctly. To determine HP you need to know the torque at a given RPM and then apply the equation to get the HP at that RPM.

Torque at any given rpm does not meant that you can use the equation to calculate the entire torque range unless it is a completely flat or linear curve and you already know what the slope is. The short answer is that the equation is only used to calculate one value from the other (HP or Tq) at any given RPM, not across a range
OK.. i get that on a chassis dyno there are torque multiplication factors from gearing and parasitic losses...... I'm just looking at engine dyno stuff (which seem to use about 3k as their bottom rpm range). But if any engine makes 300 lb-ft of torque at 2626 rpm, horsepower is half that? Math says so... and if it makes 400 T, HP is 200???? Just trying to wrap my head around it. Seems the 'gap' between HP and torque curves should look the same (or similar) for any engine (granted it's torque producing properties could make the slopes of the lines radically different, but the numeric 'gap' should remain the same, percentagewise).. i may be high tho...

Out at or local Black Cap Brewery. Enjoying a couple cold ones with my daughter who turned 21 this week

2017-06-01 20.14.02.jpg

OK.. i get that on a chassis dyno there are torque multiplication factors from gearing and parasitic losses...... I'm just looking at engine dyno stuff (which seem to use about 3k as their bottom rpm range). But if any engine makes 300 lb-ft of torque at 2626 rpm, horsepower is half that? Math says so... and if it makes 400 T, HP is 200???? Just trying to wrap my head around it. Seems the 'gap' between HP and torque curves should look the same (or similar) for any engine (granted it's torque producing properties could make the slopes of the lines radically different, but the numeric 'gap' should remain the same, percentagewise).. i may be high tho...
Well, if you look at this curve you see that HP and Tq intercept at 5252 and HP is exactly 1/2 of Tq at 2626 but the rest of the curve relationship seems to fall apart...

Alec-Zugcic-stock-graph.jpg

The reason that the relationship between HP and Tq appears to be non-linear is because the shape of each curve isn't linear. But, if you take any given rpm and apply the calculation for that point you find that they are actually following the rules.

dang, I feel fuzzy ....I have been staying off the Dew for the last week.

I had to go to the doctor last week because I was sweating and my heart was beating real fast and I couldn't sleep.

I would doze off and as soon as I woke up, my heart would start beating mega fast and I was getting dizzy.

Doc said to stay off the Dew for one month and compare how I feel.

One week in and I feel better. I have been getting a lot of sleep but I crave it at odd times.

I think I am a Dew junky

-
Back