Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When I had an inboard boat, I was quite surprised how gutless a 350 Chevy is in a boat! Its all about torque and top in power, there is only one gear.
Mine has a 5.0 vortec. It's definitely no speed boat. I'm getting ready to put together a 5.7 for it. Most drop in 383's, but you're at the upper limits for the Alpha drive. I do like that is super quiet putting along.

Oh crap I am Karl! Back to cooking my wieners hope there at a least one split butter roll to put it in.

Its all about operating costs. The faster you want to go, the more fuel you will spend. About 1 to 2 MPG on a boat. Get one with an outboard. Better value. About 125 HP on a lake boat will be fun but affordable. Maybe 150 HP. Outboard.:thumbsup:
eh... i want an inboard, ive had bad luck with outboards in the past

I stick with the Mercruisers, Chebbie engine I can work on that. lol
yep cheap parts.

My boat has twin 250HP 2 stroke Yamaha's. 1.2 MPG at cruise! Holds 250 gallons of gas, x 3 dollars a gallon. About 750 Dollars to go about 260 miles. But I get paying Anglers to fish so I get to fish for free, as far as fuel.
yeah, i'd love to find a diesel one.
That's what she said...

And of course you would go for a chevy engine... :poke:
find me a mopar engine in a boat not from the 1960/70s and i'll buy it.....

My brother has an 18.5 foot with a 4.3 v-6 at 240 hp... Plenty to pull two skiers out on one ski.... (Slalom...)
nice. I'm looking at one with twin 454s. but only a 4 seater
Master Craft or Ski Nautique...
no clue.
You already told me about grandma got pics yet?
huh?

One of the reasons I always have paying customers on my boat is because I get to the fish in a hurry! My boat hauls ***. Cruises about 45 MPH. Fast on the ocean. Diesel is too slow for my kind of fishing.

that one jet boat gonna be out.... 40 gallon tank and an average of 1.1 mpg. mpg dont bother me but i need a boat with a larger tank. the lake we'll be on mostly is 25 miles across in one direction and 35 in the north/south run.

Last edited:
-
Back