Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
But seriously, what did my manifold have so many ports for? I don't have power brakes-so that is one more...

But seriously, what did my manifold have so many ports for? I don't have power brakes-so that is one more...
I bet they had one type they put in all cars by then - plugged the ports they didn't need/use. I had a 78 TrailDuster that had that same piece.. and it had plugs on two ports

IIRC there was a vacuum assist to the transfer case.. maybe something to do with high and low range...
It's for the lock ranges of the transfer cases. Can also be for the hubs depending on the year.

It's for the lock ranges of the transfer cases. Can also be for the hubs depending on the year.
yea - that's what I thought - truck was full time 4x4 so no hubs. I wish I had pics of it - 78 TrailDuster that I put 87 SnoCommander (3/4 ton) axles and springs under - 360 with headers and "cherry bomb" type mufflers with STRAIGHT pipe right out the bad... SO obnoxious!! :lol:

yea - that's what I thought - truck was full time 4x4 so no hubs. I wish I had pics of it - 78 TrailDuster that I put 87 SnoCommander (3/4 ton) axles and springs under - 360 with headers and "cherry bomb" type mufflers with STRAIGHT pipe right out the bad... SO obnoxious!! :lol:
I have a 78 w200 360(stroked to 408) 4 spd full time 4x4. With 4.56 gears and cherry bombs lol

my buddies called it "the intimidator" -- the 3/4 ton springs gave it a good lift - plus I had 35's on it.. it was fun to drive..

Headed to see the new Cars movie in a little while, with my young former coworker. We always have the best time...nice to spend time with a young person who has some sense and self-respect. The movie is supposed to be pretty good!

Hey Anders, How is your Dart coming? I haven't been keeping up.
Um, slow. :D Thanks for asking!

I have a couple of things en route, though. Headers and the little doors for the ventilation boxes. Mine have missing lock handles. I traded for my slightly cracked, gutted vent box.

-
Back