Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
"Rolling one now could be rolling one over later" Colorado "don't smoke and drive" commercial. :rofl::rofl:

We hav to talk before you bring it up, a lot going on up here. Hey Keefer! LOL

smileywave.gif

Reading a cool journal of a 1921 car trip from W. Virginia in a Dodge "Touring" and a Ford Truck, they camped of course there were no motels, so far they witnessed a tornado. How exciting it must have been to be able to travel by a new-fangled way and see all the states back then.

Reading a cool journal of a 1921 car trip from W. Virginia in a Dodge "Touring" and a Ford Truck, they camped of course there were no motels, so far they witnessed a tornado. How exciting it must have been to be able to travel by a new-fangled way and see all the states back then.
i'd love to find something like that. I found letters from WW1 years ago in a boiler. pretty neat

'morning, Mike, Chris, Tim...yes this journal is on a Facebook page, I'll try to save it somehow. I wonder if the lady had a fountain pen? It is notable that she didn't complain about all the inconvenience, having to wash clothes with a bucket and wash board, and cook. Apparently back then you'd have people camping at parks along the way...she mentions Hannibal, MO, where you cross the Mississippi, getting acquainted with many other travelers.

New wheels, cool, the ones you had I thought looked unusual.

'morning, Mike, Chris, Tim...yes this journal is on a Facebook page, I'll try to save it somehow. I wonder if the lady had a fountain pen? It is notable that she didn't complain about all the inconvenience, having to wash clothes with a bucket and wash board, and cook. Apparently back then you'd have people camping at parks along the way...she mentions Hannibal, MO, where you cross the Mississippi, getting acquainted with many other travelers.

New wheels, cool, the ones you had I thought looked unusual.
i sometimes get the feeling i was born in the wrong decade.....maybe reincarnation is such a thing :rolleyes:

i sometimes get the feeling i was born in the wrong decade.....maybe reincarnation is such a thing :rolleyes:

People say that about me too. The big thing that would be my downfall is I am very squeamish, before the days of deodorant and a/c, that would be hard for me.

the last set I bought, which was easily 4 years ago were some crazy **** like $20 for a pack of 4! (yea, they come in 4 packs! :wtf: is that!?)

The journal ends in Chico, CA, the trip took 33 days and cost $500 for 6 adults and 6 children for everything including repairs. Crossing the Rockies and Sierra Nevada, lonely stretches thru desert, arriving in vineyards and farms of California!

The journal ends in Chico, CA, the trip took 33 days and cost $500 for 6 adults and 6 children for everything including repairs. Crossing the Rockies and Sierra Nevada, lonely stretches thru desert, arriving in vineyards and farms of California!
Sounds like quite an adventure. I always wanted to buy a running 64 Dart in California and drive it home. :steering:

Sounds like quite an adventure. I always wanted to buy a running 64 Dart in California and drive it home. :steering:

Me too!! You see E-bay ads where there seller will pick you up at the airport, I would love the excitement of driving my newly acquired Mopar across country that way.

-
Back