Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

Disguise.jpg

Well be careful what you wish for...today we have two "classes" on how to be "5-star," it is such torture with games and participation, then some lucky staff member gets to serve the trainer and hotel GM, meanwhile we are busy this week and not running smoothly. So I said to myself last night, it might be worth it to get sick and miss all the b.s. Well wouldn't you know my Crohn's has flared up, pain comes in waves and I am using all my cuss words.:BangHead: Very fortunate for me it only lasts 24 hours, some people have much worse cases of it.

And your turrets syndrome is acting up.... :mad:

Did I say that???? :wtf:

I might be wrong, but my 64 Sport fury had a floor shifter and it was cable operated. Compatible with different cables?

There's also difference between the push button transmissions based on year/model as well. Some models have dual pumps, front and rear, others are only front pumps, some even have a driveshaft brake set up on them instead of a park on the transmission

There's also difference between the push button transmissions based on year/model as well. Some models have dual pumps, front and rear, others are only front pumps, some even have a driveshaft brake set up on them instead of a park on the transmission
I had a 61 fury with a poly 318, had a push button 727. For sure.

Valve body difference?
yep. The transmission end of the cable core is different, the pushbutton has a narrow retaining groove and the console/column has a wide groove. The adapters that the cable plugs into are also different, the pushbutton adapter is retained in the roostercomb with a nut while the console/column adapter is retained by an "E" clip. The two won't interchange in the roostercomb due to different shaft size.

The pushbutton cable will work in the '65+ cable valve body but not vice versa. Tailshafts/housins are also somewhat different

I had a 61 fury with a poly 318, had a push button 727. For sure.

Wow! My dad had a 62 Sport Fury convertible he special ordered with the 361 and was pushbutton... :steering:

He loved the pushbutton because he was a lefty and it was perfect for him.. :thumbsup:

Then shortly after he picked his up, they came out with the 383 option... :BangHead:

yep. The transmission end of the cable core is different, the pushbutton has a narrow retaining groove and the console/column has a wide groove. The adapters that the cable plugs into are also different, the pushbutton adapter is retained in the roostercomb with a nut while the console/column adapter is retained by an "E" clip. The two won't interchange in the roostercomb due to different shaft size.

The pushbutton cable will work in the '65+ cable valve body but not vice versa. Tailshafts/housins are also somewhat different
Nothing easy with Mopars....

Wow! My dad had a 62 Sport Fury convertible he special ordered with the 361 and was pushbutton... :steering:

He loved the pushbutton because he was a lefty and it was perfect for him.. :thumbsup:

Then shortly after he picked his up, they came out with the 383 option... :BangHead:
If mine had been a two, door, I might still have it. Love the look.

If mine had been a two, door, I might still have it. Love the look.

He had his shipped to Hawaii when he graduated college and joined the Navy... He got to have one car shipped from the mainland...

Mom outran a Honolulu detective with it one night - that's a good story...

-
Back