Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not much reading your postings, wonder why the member did not get instructions or why we have the internet thingy? Getting some parts together for a member and he wants a bunch of different sun tune up cards, if these reflect his collection I want to see it, a nice selection of the 60-70 musclecar era he has!

LOL the jack stand thread is unbelievable almost 20 post on a pin. I should start a "which direction to put a 198 bulb in for amperage efficiency" thread, bet that is 100 posts right there.

Not much reading your postings, wonder why the member did not get instructions or why we have the internet thingy? Getting some parts together for a member and he wants a bunch of different sun tune up cards, if these reflect his collection I want to see it, a nice selection of the 60-70 musclecar era he has!
Haha yeah...as I was typing...i realized it was commonplace. But also remembered I have done this every day for 15 years. At least he asked before screwing those studs in with vice grips. Lol

I didn't see that one. But now I have to find it. Lol. Sometimes it's ok for a thread to die with one, correct, thorough, answer.

That's why I could never go retail, trust me I get some stupid distributor questions since I started doing them on the side, Same with the hops online sales only, but at least with the hops when you meet the people you get home brew also. Had a guy show up for some roots the day we had the first Coffee party, dam he brought like 6 gallons of really good home brew! Almost had to tie Ben up to keep him away from the girl he brought! Pretty funny actually.

That's why I could never go retail, trust me I get some stupid distributor questions since I started doing them on the side, Same with the hops online sales only, but at least with the hops when you meet the people you get home brew also. Had a guy show up for some roots the day we had the first Coffee party, dam he brought like 6 gallons of really good home brew! Almost had to tie Ben up to keep him away from the girl he brought! Pretty funny actually.
I don't mind helping those willing to listen, learn, and actually want an answer....its when someone asks a question, just so they can tell you their version of the answer ;p

Hey what type of distributors you usually install? Just curious what the curves are for a really aggressive cam, that is one thing I will not touch for people, let them tell me what they want.

Another great one is the stumbles at 65 thread, tell the guy what to check and it is a yes or no answer, like they want a excuse to get new parts? I don't get it. Do like Rustys replies to them though, always a classic.

Hey what type of distributors you usually install? Just curious what the curves are for a really aggressive cam, that is one thing I will not touch for people, let them tell me what they want.
We have around 250 combos of crate engines, and all builds and HP levels are different. We use everything from pro billets to hei's. If you mean how aggressive are the curves? Everything we market is streetable...if we need it more dialed we end up using an msd, or equivalent opposed to a simple, non adjustable case base unit. That what ya mean?

I am sure you have some really ridiculous stories that you cannot share. I worked in a parts store for a bit and just could not deal with the idiots and that was before the internet! My future son in law is like that also asks for advice, leaves googles it and does something different then I get the I should have listened to you thing.

Another great one is the stumbles at 65 thread, tell the guy what to check and it is a yes or no answer, like they want a excuse to get new parts? I don't get it. Do like Rustys replies to them though, always a classic.
For sure. He is usually classic.

We have around 250 combos of crate engines, and all builds and HP levels are different. We use everything from pro billets to hei's. If you mean how aggressive are the curves? Everything we market is streetable...if we need it more dialed we end up using an msd, or equivalent opposed to a simple, non adjustable case base unit. That what ya mean?
Thanks. I get guys wanting to keep it old school and I personally do not trust myself telling them what curve they need.

If I ever do another car I will definitely buy one from you, for the amount I have in mine I could have saved a lot of money with a turn key engine. Lots of trial and error with it, then I found FABO sites!

I am sure you have some really ridiculous stories that you cannot share. I worked in a parts store for a bit and just could not deal with the idiots and that was before the internet! My future son in law is like that also asks for advice, leaves googles it and does something different then I get the I should have listened to you thing.
Oh we all have our stories. Some days are longer than others. Any time my patience is tried, I just remember I started somewhere too, and I learned alot of things the hard way. And I have for sure done some dumb things myself. I wish I had more guidance when I was younger or just getting started. That's my positive outlook on it anyways.

If I ever do another car I will definitely buy one from you, for the amount I have in mine I could have saved a lot of money with a turn key engine. Lots of trial and error with it, then I found FABO sites!
Appreciate that for sure. It's true...hard to buy the parts for what we can sell a dyno tested, warrantied engine for. I will never build another engine for a street car in my life...and I'm totally ok with that lol

Mine started as a boat motor revers rotation 100 hours on it, Good bones for a start and it grew from there. Never thought I would even have another toy but bought the dart for the daughters first car, one owner beautiful interior, beige, slant what could go wrong right? Well she wanted to paint it blue.....got her a Saturn then!

Mine started as a boat motor revers rotation 100 hours on it, Good bones for a start and it grew from there. Never thought I would even have another toy but bought the dart for the daughters first car, one owner beautiful interior, beige, slant what could go wrong right? Well she wanted to paint it blue.....got her a Saturn then!
I have an ongoing project like that... it's an 86 k10 that my father bought new before starting at chrysler. Last gm vehicle that he (and myself to this day) have ever owned. Started accumulating clearance, and blem parts to build the ever-so-popular "400 horse / $2000 sbc that all the cool gm kids brag about... this was long before my blueprint days. Needless to say, this truck is my literal example of WHY you buy a crate engine. The engine has been out about 4 times now for various little dumb things....finally get the engine dialed in...and it blows the 3-4 clutch pack on the 700r4.... "build your own engine they say" "you'll save $" "Chevys are cheap and easy". Lol. Well friend...they are all just moving parts with a certain lifespan. You can be an expert or a novice and a defective rod bolt will plague you either way. Woulda sure been 5 years ahead had I considered Blueprint Engines way back then!

My bud has a 72 Monte we or I should say he is restoring, took the body of the frame and re did the chassis here, car should look great when it is done, he was just going to reseal the original 350 and drop it back in since it has 78k on it, FINALLY talked him into at least take it apart and do the simple rebuild on it, well he got the parts, now to push him to get the heads redone and the block boiled out and checked is another story. I don't get it sometimes?

My bud has a 72 Monte we or I should say he is restoring, took the body of the frame and re did the chassis here, car should look great when it is done, he was just going to reseal the original 350 and drop it back in since it has 78k on it, FINALLY talked him into at least take it apart and do the simple rebuild on it, well he got the parts, now to push him to get the heads redone and the block boiled out and checked is another story. I don't get it sometimes?
Hope all that doesn't run him more than $2000...lol

BluePrint Engines 350CI Crate Engine | Small Block GM Style | Longblock | Iron Heads | Flat Tappet Cam

So do I he already bought the rebuild kit and it seems ok quality but he did not take the heads off when he bought it hope he can keep it standard bore. The car should be good for the rest of his life, it is actually for his wife. Basically all new parts on the frame, now I have to get him to do the trans and he is set. The rear I inspected it is fine put new bearings/seals in it. Just a cruiser, no HP at all 350 2bbl, all stock.

Mine I want to pull the engine again and get the bay painted (had a engine fire) Pull that dam gear drive that came with the motor, regret putting it in way to noisy, and just straighten out the body and finish the hood before Carlisle would like to bring it there with a trailer this year. You going there by chance this year?

So do I he already bought the rebuild kit and it seems ok quality but he did not take the heads off when he bought it hope he can keep it standard bore. The car should be good for the rest of his life, it is actually for his wife. Basically all new parts on the frame, now I have to get him to do the trans and he is set. The rear I inspected it is fine put new bearings/seals in it. Just a cruiser, no HP at all 350 2bbl, all stock.
I always liked the first gen montes. I have a 2 door Monaco wearing a 75 Roadrunner clip...looks more like a a Monte than a mopar to most.

We have had two 87 aerocoupes, would like to get her another one, last one was a one owner 72k on it, she totaled it in the rain, I just like the body on those, the prices are getting up there on them now.

-
Back