Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
How hard is it to get bolts and hardware for the car over there.

You can get a lot of nuts and bolts from US car part web sites but they're really expensive, like a buck each. With a friend like Ulf it's a lot easier. He has 40 lbs of SAE fasteners he says ...

Nice. I have a old triumph bike and getting whitworth fasteners is impossible here. Now those wrenches are hard to understand, they go by the diameter of the fastener I think!

In the us some of the 80's cars are a mix between SAE and Metric. Took a while to get used to metric here. Really sucked at first.

In the us some of the 80's cars are a mix between SAE and Metric. Took a while to get used to metric here. Really sucked at first.

Changed a flywheel on my sisters AMC spirit. 1981 maybe? The motor was Audi ( metric). I think everything else, including the transmission was SAE. So, doing the flywheel there were Metrics going one way and SAE the other!

Changed a flywheel on my sisters AMC spirit. 1981 maybe? The motor was Audi ( metric). I think everything else, including the transmission was SAE. So, doing the flywheel there were Metrics going one way and SAE the other!

WOW... did it have left and right threaded lugbolts too.. haha

The only left handed threads I am aware of on the darts or Chrysler products are the old right hand side lug studs and all the rear end ring bolts. Any others?

Hops.. my buddy has a 58 AJS trials bike that may need the whitworth wrenches. I'll have to ask him

Mine is a 52 terrier. Been collecting parts for it for over 20 years. Maybe one day it will go together. Factory prototype for old board track racing. Going to be fun to get a title for it!

WOW... did it have left and right threaded lugbolts too.. haha

Not that I know of LOL, but they did that too ... Was it leftie thread on the right side? Been a long time since I seen any left hand lugs.

Not that I know of LOL, but they did that to ... Was it leftie thread on the right side? Been a long time since I seen any left hand lugs.

Yes the older Chryslers had them on the right side. Wonder if you break a stud can you still get them?

Yes the older Chryslers had them on the right side. Wonder if you break a stud can you still get them?

70 and back had lefties on the driver side ....all my B-bodies (68-70) are like that and my 68 dart .....B-bodies have a bigger lugnut than A-bodies. I think the A is like 7/16 and B is 1/2 ......I have spares from cars I have parted because none of the parts houses carry them but they can be converted to RH if your not lazy like me LOL

70 and back had lefties on the driver side ....all my B-bodies (68-70) are like that and my 68 dart .....B-bodies have a bigger lugnut than A-bodies. I think the A is like 7/16 and B is 1/2 ......I have spares from cars I have parted because none of the parts houses carry them but they can be converted to RH if your not lazy like me LOL

Hello Rani, havent seen you here for a bit..

I never tried to remember which ones had em. Just learned to watch for an L on the studs.

hi hello and good morning everyone

I am around but just been a little busy lately ....Christmas time is a lot of work

This Christmas season has been so much fun.

I saw Santa twice already ....once from a distance and once I got to talk to him and we discussed malls and how safe they are now.

and the cookies are in production again ...great time of year.

I volunteered to be in a live nativity set up this year but they said they think Ms. Mary ma'am would have been taller than me so I didn't get the part. would have been cool but oh well.

other than that been doing more office work than car work and I am turning dull

Take the trunk lid off the dart and set up the trunk to drive Santa around! Saw that in a parade once with classic cars years ago it was cool, and he just put the lid back on afterwards!

-
Back