Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Out clothes shopping for the Alaska run.
I hate buying clothes. The Midge went with me.
She is good for stuff on the lower shelves.
I just try to buy the same thing once I find something that fits, is comfortable, and lasts. Got so I keep a little note file. That doesn't mean I can find everything again, but it helps.

I just try to buy the same thing once I find something that fits, is comfortable, and lasts. Got so I keep a little note file. That doesn't mean I can find everything again, but it helps.
That's me. Find pants that fit grab 5 pair.
Find a shirt get a half dozen different colors.
Foot wear though us a different issue.
I have about 75 pair of sneakers alone and maybe 3 dozen dress shoes.

That's me. Find pants that fit grab 5 pair.
Find a shirt get a half dozen different colors.
Foot wear though us a different issue.
I have about 75 pair of sneakers alone and maybe 3 dozen dress shoes.
One pair of steel toed boots and one pair of shoes. Got a pair of beater runners for fishing, or watercraft riding.

Well have to run have a few folks coming over tomorrow. Going to get the yard done and hope to get the waterfall rebuilt.
Have to make breakfast for 6 and then figure lunch.

I hope the beer holds out.

It is a good photo to work from. Glad you like it.
Well thanks. I often do try to compose the photos.
I like driving up there. Only a couple of times I missed having the ability to carry more stuff.
I'd say the odds are getting long on me working up there this year. We're too far apart.

I have a few more car photos from up there. One interesting thing about the 'soft yellow' that was pointed out to me years ago; it really picks up the surrounding colors.

Well have to run have a few folks coming over tomorrow. Going to get the yard done and hope to get the waterfall rebuilt.
Have to make breakfast for 6 and then figure lunch.

I hope the beer holds out.
That sounds cool. get that rebuilt - take some pics for us.

Well thanks. I often do try to compose the photos.
I like driving up there. Only a couple of times I missed having the ability to carry more stuff.
I'd say the odds are getting long on me working up there this year. We're too far apart.

I have a few more car photos from up there. One interesting thing about the 'soft yellow' that was pointed out to me years ago; it really picks up the surrounding colors.
See if you can adjust the exposure a little, it was a bit too contrasted, washing out some of the detail on the car. I had to fix it as best I could in post processing. It is easier to bring up the dark areas than tone down the light ones if they are washed out. Washed out can’t be adjusted for detail.

See if you can adjust the exposure a little, it was a bit too contrasted, washing out some of the detail on the car. I had to fix it as best I could in post processing. It is easier to bring up the dark areas than tone down the light ones if they are washed out. Washed out can’t be adjusted for detail.
I think need to spend some time learning how best use the camara and/or maybe learn to use RAW for pictures I care about.
If its just the exposure, then for future pictures that's easy: there's EV dial on top.
I noticed the overexposure in a number of pictures I was taking with the car in it. (Noticed when reviewing on the computer, not on the little screen).
Not sure if its related, but general scenes often wash out colors - especially blue flowers. Close ups, seem ok..

I'm sure this will be shocking, but I'm having a bourbon and water.. Just had a nice thin strip steak with sauteed asparagus and a salad for dinner..

Now to figure out the fold-down workbench idea.. Completely out of available, free material...
Solid wood door and heavy hinges mounted to the wall. Mount fold down legs on the end of the door, and a latch to hold in the up position.

Take these two, which I like. There's a little irony in the car being next to the collapsed barn as usually its ther other way around.
The EXIF shows the more general scene was shot a 1/100 F2.8 and the one just of the car 1/125 at F2.8

IMG_1425-r.jpg

IMG_1426.JPG

heh.
Solid wood door and heavy hinges mounted to the wall. Mount fold down legs on the end of the door, and a latch to hold in the up position.
I was thinking 'fold up' - as in portable. But your right, Rick wrote 'fold down'. A little different. I want to make knock down mortice and tennon portable. A guy in the neighborhood made a pretty nice portable jobsite bench. Pretty cool and handy. Bolt together and its solid. More projects!

Take these two, which I like. There's a little irony in the car being next to the collapsed barn as usually its ther other way around.
The EXIF shows the more general scene was shot a 1/100 F2.8 and the one just of the car 1/125 at F2.8

View attachment 1715170164

View attachment 1715170165
First one is ok, second one is washed out on the lighter colors. Darken the first one about 10% and it would be good. Set the exposure for the car, not the surrounding area. Focus on the lightest part of the car to set the exposure.

Slower is better, try to stay with 1/60 as much as possible. Get a stick mount to reduce blur.

First one is ok, second one is washed out on the lighter colors. Darken the first one about 10% and it would be good. Set the exposure for the car, not the surrounding area. Focus on the lightest part of the car to set the exposure.
Thanks. I think that's the best, try to take the best original.
But since I have photos like this, and I'm sure I will again, I'm looking at XnView and IRfan to see what can be done with a jpeg image. I've been very slow to learn about this stuff.

That had been rolling around in my head for years. A box on the wall,6-10” deep for shelving, to store parts or tools. Would set it so a wall plug is inside to charge power tools.
Hinged legs or chains.
Chains will support it ,but wont stand up to much abuse. My little garage would be a good candidate.
Also designing it so door will open sideways like a cabinet as well.
Split bench would be easier.

A folding, portable workbench- i used to use my picnic table. Not folding but was handy for working on my power wagon,4” lift and 35” tires.

Thanks. I think that's the best, try to take the best original.
But since I have photos like this, and I'm sure I will again, I'm looking at XnView and IRfan to see what can be done with a jpeg image. I've been very slow to learn about this stuff.
Try lightroom or photoshop. They work well. I take both RAW and JPEG images depending on which camera I use and PS lets me get the best results in post processing.

its the concepts I have to learn.
Even this "white balance" which the camara selects or I can. That's not something I needed to know shooting film. Each film and paper had its own characteristics and that's that. The techs did a little manipulation in printing, but that was their expertise and I just needed to ask them to do it. So now there's a lot more stuff for me to learn. And I think I ought to. Even though I still prefer my film camara, I don't take it often. I carry the digital in part because it is a compact.

I'm dead set to not have any legs. Figuring out the self folding diagonal supports is where the fun came in..

its the concepts I have to learn.
Even this "white balance" which the camara selects or I can. That's not something I needed to know shooting film. Each film and paper had its own characteristics and that's that. The techs did a little manipulation in printing, but that was their expertise and I just needed to ask them to do it. So now there's a lot more stuff for me to learn. And I think I ought to. Even though I still prefer my film camara, I don't take it often. I carry the digital in part because it is a compact.

I don’t shoot film anymore...digital is far more versatile and editable. 10x the capability as far as I’m concerned.

-
Back