Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just take note of how much of the Nitrogen is Ureaform vs Ammoniacal.. Get as nuch Urea as you can find
“Scotts Turf Builder 32-0-4 contains 32 percent total nitrogen with 4.9 percent being ammoniacal nitrogen, 14.1 percent urea nitrogen, 11 percent other water-soluble nitrogen and 1.0 percent water-insoluble nitrogen. This product also contains 4 percent soluble potash, 7 percent sulfur and 2 percent iron. Nine percent of the product's contents contains slow-release nitrogen from methylendiurea, dimethylenetriurea and water-insoluble nitrogen.”

“Scotts Turf Builder 32-0-4 contains 32 percent total nitrogen with 4.9 percent being ammoniacal nitrogen, 14.1 percent urea nitrogen, 11 percent other water-soluble nitrogen and 1.0 percent water-insoluble nitrogen. This product also contains 4 percent soluble potash, 7 percent sulfur and 2 percent iron. Nine percent of the product's contents contains slow-release nitrogen from methylendiurea, dimethylenetriurea and water-insoluble nitrogen.”
You're good then.. Many box store ferts load up on ammonia based. Good for a quickie but disappears way to fast. We sell the crap out of our branded fertilizer. Enough ammonia to green up and enough urea to make it last. And it's even reasonably priced. What a shocker in today's world.

I wonder if our local elevators have a homeowners blend?

You're good then.. Many box store ferts load up on ammonia based. Good for a quickie but disappears way to fast. We sell the crap out of our branded fertilizer. Enough ammonia to green up and enough urea to make it last. And it's even reasonably priced. What a shocker in today's world.
Yeah, Scott’s is a good value too. $14.99 for 5000 sq ft coverage. $1.19/lb. Cost me $20 to do the whole lawn.

20180428_175124.jpg
Time for a beer. Having a home brew Lager. What do you guys have going? Dave has a Gold one going I bet.

I wonder if our local elevators have a homeowners blend?
Check out any ag vendor or coop... They can hook you up with some good stuff. Problem with most chemicals and stuff, you have to buy a 10 year supply! Smallest containers we have are 2.5 gallons on most stuff. About 10 acres worth!

Time for a beer. Having a home brew Lager. What do you guys have going? Dave has a Gold one going I bet.
I'm sure this will be shocking, but I'm having a bourbon and water.. Just had a nice thin strip steak with sauteed asparagus and a salad for dinner..

Now to figure out the fold-down workbench idea.. Completely out of available, free material...

I'm sure this will be shocking, but I'm having a bourbon and water.. Just had a nice thin strip steak with sauteed asparagus and a salad for dinner..

Now to figure out the fold-down workbench idea.. Completely out of available, free material...
It is shocking...how did the water get in there?

Just closed the skylight and upstairs windows. Wind is kickin gup now. I'll have cider with dinner after walking the dog.
Got my yard and the back nieghbors cut. Mine's a postage stamp size, theirs is a decent size. Pretty lucky, no need to fertilize the grass here. Put down lots of composted soil after I regraded. Had to carry away a bunch dirt. It was a lot of work but worth it.

I figured as much. I could have a BV and 7 but I need to drink up some beer. I have 5 more gallons of Shandy about ready to be bottled and I want to start a couple more gallons of Lager.

Look around and see if any of the neighbors left their garage door open. You might find some free material there.

Just closed the skylight and upstairs windows. Wind is kickin gup now. I'll have cider with dinner after walking the dog.
Got my yard and the back nieghbors cut. Mine's a postage stamp size, theirs is a decent size. Pretty lucky, no need to fertilize the grass here. Put down lots of composted soil after I regraded. Had to carry away a bunch dirt. It was a lot of work but worth it.
The wind kicked up here about half an hour ago and we got a quick 5 minute downpour and then it stopped, no run off. Perfect to soak the lawn and get it started on dissolving the fertilizer and soaking it into the soil.

Looks like another couple of rounds of showeres still to come, but nothing heavy.

Did I say postage stamp? I actually need to get some more soil in this year - the low spot has compacted a bit. Still drains good but want it a little higher so it doesn't pool quite so much in heavy rains.

2018-04-28_132.JPG

Where did you get your fert so cheap. I'm sure you have a good sized yard. I need at least (2 ) 15,000 sq.ft.bags. I see they are like 13,000 or 12,000 ft. now. Same price as the old big bags though.

Where did you get your fert so cheap. I'm sure you have a good sized yard. I need at least (2 ) 15,000 sq.ft.bags. I see they are like 13,000 or 12,000 ft. now. Same price as the old big bags though.
I got it at Walmart. 5000 sq ft bags for $14.99. Not sure if they had bigger ones, but my lawn is only 7500 sq ft. so I didn’t look.

I got it at Walmart. 5000 sq ft bags for $14.99. Not sure if they had bigger ones, but my lawn is only 7500 sq ft. so I didn’t look.
Good to know. Thanks for the tip. I have seen that at Wally World but didn't compare the ingredients. Out lot is 100x200 and my sons like 80x300. I need a lot.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip. I have seen that at Wally World but didn't compare the ingredients. Out lot is 100x200 and my sons like 80x300. I need a lot.
Be sure to subtract the sq ft of the house, garage, driveway and any paved surfaces or you will have a bunch left over.

Bs’ing about fertlilizer. Gotta love it!
Still playin in shop. Added a second monitor to my surveillance camera. Didnt think a tv splitter would work,on the rca connection. Aparrently it does..
So pleased with my day...

-
Back