Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Although I worked from home today, it was an incredibly crappy work day. I decided to finish this image that I have been working on after it was over...

9ABD0660-D32C-4D0E-A19C-4B7687B2CD5B.jpeg

- Just trying to decide what else to pull off this before it gets scrapped. So. small blocks for dummies-probably 318, but how can I positively tell what motor and if heads or manifolds etc are anything special?
If its stock, unlikely anything special. I wouldn't take anything big and heavy unless you need it. Small stuff like a distributor may be good for parts or reuse. Old original small stuff may be handy to someone, and you can sell or give away. Plus won't take up too much space, IF you want to take it. Stuff like ballast resistors, connectors, and in particular any wacky pollution control stuff. Fan shroud, fan clutch, radiator and overflow is another grouping people are sometimes looking for. Again, depend on how much you want to have sitting at your place...

New work schedule is giving me a lot more free time at the moment. Home by 1:30 to work on my own agenda.
Barracuda tripping to see some friends tomorrow-nice to do what I want to do.

If its stock, unlikely anything special. I wouldn't take anything big and heavy unless you need it. Small stuff like a distributor may be good for parts or reuse. Old original small stuff may be handy to someone, and you can sell or give away. Plus won't take up too much space, IF you want to take it. Stuff like ballast resistors, connectors, and in particular any wacky pollution control stuff. Fan shroud, fan clutch, radiator and overflow is another grouping people are sometimes looking for. Again, depend on how much you want to have sitting at your place...
My parts pile has grown since Saturday. got the doors today. I will clean the glass and see if it is better than what I have. my driver glass has some scratches. I may sell the doors- they are actually better than mine were to start. Or gut and scrap...Also got wheel well trim and harnesses from engine and dash today. Probably get the disk brakes tomorrow. Just thinking through anything worth grabbing

Another one, still trying to forget the day and do something that makes me happy...

9DEAA515-2A35-4DB4-827F-AB883B5517DF.jpeg

Well done! I hope your art gives you some relaxation.
It is always my refuge...my “happy place” so to speak. It is totally impossible to think about anything other than the piece that I am working on while I am doing it. I even lose complete track of time.

I was trained to make the “right side of the brain” shift in art school and the right side of the brain is unable to track the passage of time.

It is always my refuge...my “happy place” so to speak. It is totally impossible to think about anything other than the piece that I am working on while I am doing it. I even lose complete track of time.

I was trained to make the “right side of the brain” shift in art school and the right side of the brain is unable to track the passage of time.
It sure brings a smile to my face. I hope it does to you as well.

My parts pile has grown since Saturday. got the doors today. I will clean the glass and see if it is better than what I have. my driver glass has some scratches. I may sell the doors- they are actually better than mine were to start. Or gut and scrap...Also got wheel well trim and harnesses from engine and dash today. Probably get the disk brakes tomorrow. Just thinking through anything worth grabbing
Does your car have a front anti-sway bar? Rarely option on /6 cars. That's the biggest single handling improvement you can make . I saw you grabbed LCA arms with tabs...
:thumbsup:

It sure brings a smile to my face. I hope it does to you as well.
The finished products usually do, but I spend lots of time and thought on every detail so sometimes it’s hard for me to ever see the finished piece as truly done...I always still see the flaws.

It is sharing them and having other people enjoy them that I really get the joy from. It’s the biggest reason why I do them.

Does your car have a front anti-sway bar? Rarely option on /6 cars. That's the biggest single handling improvement you can make . I saw you grabbed LCA arms with tabs...
:thumbsup:
Yes, I already added one to mine. Plan to get brake assemblies, control ams, t-bars.. tomorrow.

Another one, still trying to forget the day and do something that makes me happy...

View attachment 1715173282
The blue flat tile roof reminds me of this place with its blue spanish tile roof. It may have been a gas station at one time, but I really don't know. Always intrigued me. They sell seasonally - firewood and pumpkins and such. Finally stopped and took some pictures of it and 'Johnny's Hot dogs,' another classic roadside place on the same stretch of road.

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

The blue flat tile roof reminds me of this place with its blue spanish tile roof. It may have been a gas station at one time, but I really don't know. Always intrigued me. They sell seasonally - firewood and pumpkins and such. Finally stopped and took some pictures of it and 'Johnny's Hot dogs,' another classic roadside place on the same stretch of road.

View attachment 1715173301

View attachment 1715173303
Yep, that’s an old gas station. You can tell by the design.

-
Back