Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They are in line with the carb retard solenoid they go for big money never under 400 nos that I have seen.

All i can say is it’s a 2bbl.
But it goes,and has long legs.
100 mph in that old beast is scary.

All i can say is it’s a 2bbl.
But it goes,and has long legs.
100 mph in that old beast is scary.
To be honest,i had no clue what it did,but it energizes during cranking. Helps with hot start?

I think this cold that has been dragging me down all week is starting to loosen its grip. I think I will head over to the car show later as a spectator. 1st Annual Benefit Custom Car Show Not up for showing the Duster and hanging there all day.

Good Morning

Get some fresh garlic and chop it real fine and then put it in some chicken noodle soup when you heat it up... You will start to feel better when you finish eating the whole bowl of soup... Garlic boosts your immune system...

The older boy is on his way to Detroit... I don't think it's a good idea, his car is having problems and he had to abort the trip yesterday after getting caught in traffic (about 5 accidents in Indiana) and his car starts to over heat... I hope he makes it....

Good news, the kid made it to Detroit... :steering:

I had a chance to buy that engine years ago,passed.
It was well maintained and trans was rebuilt just before it was parked.
Would be sweet in my dart.

To be honest,i had no clue what it did,but it energizes during cranking. Helps with hot start?
Not at all if anything it would hurt hot start if hooked up electrically it adds 5 advance when energized and also it is in line with the throttle solenoid (this NOS 1969 1/2 Road Runner Super Bee 440 Six Pack Idle Stop Solenoid DR1114420 NR | eBay look what it sold for) then when it is turned off it retards the 5 degrees, super expensive set up and hard to find working, I could not have enough of them last year, mostly RR guys seem to run it since it was stock on most of them.
Thanks Chris.

I think I have five of them now nos and a bunch I restored on distribs I sell them around 800 100 point

Usually either the vacuum part is bad or the electrical part. I prob have 10 that the vac is still good but the elect is shot, then a box of them that are totally bad just waiting to find some one that rebuilds them that would want them.

87 w150 got it from Tike in pieces, literally slapped it together in a week. This is almost a complete redo now started with a rear pan leak and new bed arches to pass PA inspection next year, Now I am into all the brakes, trans is doing something wiered after I changed the pan gasket hoping it is a clogged filter, Brakes are slowly bleeding down now, has to be the master, starter all of a sudden needed a solenoid, and adding a receiver hitch. Just need it for Carlisle in July or I am screwed! Just anything that can go wrong seems to be and my help is busy also due to the late spring here after all of the rain we have had. Oh yeah had to rebuild the steering box because of leaks, figured it was the time to do it all. It has been a great truck just needs the love right now for the future! Only pics I have handy.
View attachment 1715180372 View attachment 1715180373

Isn't 87 a roller cam engine??? :D

-
Back