Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It was but it is an earlier engine. The original had a spun bearing. I still have it and thinking of scraping it unless Hoppy wants it. A stoy behind it.

That would be a good 'un to rebuild and stick a nice roller cam in it...

We put a 91 360 roller cam engine in the older kid's 71 Valiant...

OK I am out auto zone is open got to get a new trans filter. Later guys!

I gotta go to Menards to get a bevel and metal angle protractor so I can measure the 318 and figure out why the intake is not fitting properly...

I may have to send it to Detroit with the younger kid next week for the head guy to mill for me.... (He's going next week....)

I also gotta pick up some better mouse traps...

Those ones with the yellow plastic platform are not as good as the old metal gut ones...

I've had bait stolen out of at least 4 of them and only caught 3 mice so far...

Then 2 of them have completely disappear, which I think means that they went off and didn't kill the mouse, so he's running around with the trap on him until it falls off somewhere....

The old metal style have a much better success rate... I feel like I'm feeding the mice vs catching them.... :BangHead:

I guess I will go paint for a few hours. Little side job I have been picking away at for a month or so. Was more work than I thought. They are not in any rush for it to be done, but I would re
ally like to wrap it up soon... Probably going to rebuild a deck for/with a recently retired coworker. Need to call him and at least check it out soon.

Last edited:

Those ones with the yellow plastic platform are not as good as the old metal gut ones...

Then 2 of them have completely disappear, which I think means that they went off and didn't kill the mouse, so he's running around with the trap on him until it falls off somewhere....

The old metal style have a much better success rate... I feel like I'm feeding the mice vs catching them.... :BangHead:
I've had both types 'stolen'. Can't really say one is better. The yellow plastic cheese ones have holes in them. Just smear peanut butter on and get it down in the holes so they gotta really mess with it and it usually gets them.

I've had both types 'stolen'. Can't really say one is better. The yellow plastic cheese ones have holes in them. Just smear peanut butter on and get it down in the holes so they gotta really mess with it and it usually gets them.

Mine don't have the 'swiss cheese' holes in the yellow platform... :mob:

The metal ones, you can play with how the metal rod engages the bump on the "trigger" so it's hair trigger.... Sometimes I would get them too sensitive and they would go off while I was setting them in position... I never had one of them 'stolen'...

Timing of the snap is critical... If it snaps too late, it doesn't hit the neck and break the mouse's neck... You have to get him while he's at the bait so it hits the back of their neck and kills them...

Out of 4 traps that I set a few days ago, I had 1 missing, 2 stolen bait, and 1 kill.... 25% kill ratio is too low... :wtf:

Get a five gallon bucket.
Peanut butter cracker in the bottom.
Wood stick for a ramp to walk up the bucket.
In the morning you will have a bucket of mice eager to learn how to swim.
Just an fyi I have never been Abe to teach any.
:thumbsup:

Looking up front wheel seals for my 66. Napa $17.21 Advance National $8.99
O reilly National $7.99 Why would I bother going to NAPA!

-
Back