Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thats exactly what I was wondering.. Im glad it made it back and didnt have any major issues.
Kinda weird. He thought it was leaking out of the front seal but I bet it was overheating and it was coming out the vent. He could go 20 min or so then I would smell fluid and then a smoke screen for a short time, then nothing. There was quite a bit of silver in the filter when he changed it at the show. (Converter)

man, im stumped. every im finding speedometer cables show a push in one held in by a bolt. but on all 3 of my push button transmissions, the speedometer hole itself is threaded. Even brewers show it being a push in for 63-65 B body 727 pb transmissions.

Kinda weird. He thought it was leaking out of the front seal but I bet it was overheating and it was coming out the vent. He could go 20 min or so then I would smell fluid and then a smoke screen for a short time, then nothing. There was quite a bit of silver in the filter when he changed it at the show. (Converter)
that dont sound good

Lon (our transmission guru) @lkopaska figured it was a converter. I'll bet you a winning lottery ticket he's right!

man, im stumped. every im finding speedometer cables show a push in one held in by a bolt. but on all 3 of my push button transmissions, the speedometer hole itself is threaded. Even brewers show it being a push in for 63-65 B body 727 pb transmissions.
There is the gear on the cable, in a holder that is pushed in, and bolted with one bolt. Then the spedo cable is threaded onto that.

There is the gear on the cable, in a holder that is pushed in, and bolted with one bolt. Then the spedo cable is threaded onto that.
And the holder has numbers around it, that have to be lined up depending on what rear end gears you have, what gear is on the holder.
pinionseals-jpg.jpg

Hey Mike the wife enjoyed visiting with you. We’re heading back tomorrow.

Hey Mike the wife enjoyed visiting with you. We’re heading back tomorrow.
Thanks and you two as well. Drive careful. I told my wife about your wife's work. Sounds like both are in the same boat. Good to know they aren't the only ones.

I don't remember my 64 being any different then others. The cable just unscrewed off adapter.....Hmmm
That's the way my 66 is. I wonder if you can change the speedo housing from old to new and someone did that?

I don't remember my 64 being any different then others. The cable just unscrewed off adapter.....Hmmm
Ill try to get the thing out tomorrow. the cable was already cut, assuming when the previous owner tried to fix the trans... but the end is still in the tailshaft.

That's the way my 66 is. I wonder if you can change the speedo housing from old to new and someone did that?
I know in 1966 and newer, they all went to a different speedo cable that allowed for easier/quicker gear ratio changes to correct the speedometer if the rear gear was changed. Along with a different input shaft spline count as well.

-
Back