Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Volvo should use that for a commercial that thing took a beating and still ran!
Hoppy, I know you don't read back. I saw this , yesterday at the Docs Office....SURVIVOR !!
0607180844.jpg
0607180845.jpg

Saw a cricket on the road the other day with a older guy driving it, prob original owner pretty nice. Like this one in red
cricket-wagon.jpg

My dad had a little Plymouth Horizon. I think it was an 85-87 somewhere in that range. He drove it until 2006 when the timing belt finally snapped at 497,000 miles.

Just waking up with the news on.. Place I almost got hired last year- Colonial Metals- laid everyone off and might shut down. Been in business like forever...
Good Morning

TGIF to you working people. Been out in the garage shinning up the car for a show tomorrow. Spent a couple hours yesterday polishing up a set of deluxe chrome wheel covers I picked up at MOPARS in the Park. Hardly a dent or scratch on them. They obliviously were not used much. All I had to do was remove 50 years of grime.

Off for a haircut.

Last edited:
Just waking up with the news on.. Place I almost got hired last year- Colonial Metals- laid everyone off and might shut down. Been in business like forever...
Good Morning
I have a neighborhood family owned hardware store going out of business. Sad to loose it. Always my first stop fo anything home related. I did my best. 2 new and 1 used snow blower, a used lawn mower, 3 humidifiers and yearly filters, our gas grill, paint, hardware, fertilizer and rental equipment. They service what they sell. You don't get that at Menards. Had a customer buy a generator for his car trailer from Menards. He took it home, put in gas and oil and it wouldn't start. (no spark) took it back and they wouldn't refund or exchange because he put gas in it. He had to take it to a authorized repair center 50 miles away. That's the kind of service you get with a cheap price.

TGIF to you working people. Been out in the garage shinning up the car for a show tomorrow. Spent a couple hours yesterday polishing up a set of deluxe chrome wheel covers I picked up at MOPARS in the Park. Hardly a dent or scratch on them. They obliviously were not used much. All I had to do was remove 50 years of grime.

Off for a haircut.

\\\\\\\\\
Get em' all cut.:rofl:

I have a neighborhood family owned hardware store going out of business. Sad to loose it. Always my first stop fo anything home related. I did my best. 2 new and 1 used snow blower, a used lawn mower, 3 humidifiers and yearly filters, our gas grill, paint, hardware, fertilizer and rental equipment. They service what they sell. You don't get that at Menards. Had a customer buy a generator for his car trailer from Menards. He took it home, put in gas and oil and it wouldn't start. (no spark) took it back and they wouldn't refund or exchange because he put gas in it. He had to take it to a authorized repair center 50 miles away. That's the kind of service you get with a cheap price.
Service, WTH is that? We are living in a throw away world. **** is so inexpensive, just replace it when it craps out....:BangHead:

Well so much for that surprise attempt. Carlisle is officially out for me. Orders got cut a week earlier than I was originally told... Just went and cancelled my Motel 6 reservation in Harrisburg. @Mopar Tim I'll be sending you a PM to figure out this meet up thing. I'm getting them dang Eddy's and 906s somehow.

Kinda weird, yesterday with my young friend who graduated from culinary school, we talked about how prevalent suicide is, and then the news this morning. I guess we can be thankful not to be so broken that we would do that. Funny, yesterday I decided to bring a big Greek salad in to work, an old recipe from Louis Pappas in Tarpon Springs that goes way back in my family. Gotta go buy some shrimp for it.

Kinda weird, yesterday with my young friend who graduated from culinary school, we talked about how prevalent suicide is, and then the news this morning. I guess we can be thankful not to be so broken that we would do that. Funny, yesterday I decided to bring a big Greek salad in to work, an old recipe from Louis Pappas in Tarpon Springs that goes way back in my family. Gotta go buy some shrimp for it.
I'll never forget the words of my first CSM (command sgt major). Dude was big on suicide prevention as he lost his brother to that after his brother got back from Afghanistan in late 2002. Anyway, he said "Suicide is for pu$$ies, you are going to have bad times in life but there is ALWAYS someone to reach out too, reaching out is takes more guts than charging a machine gun nest. I beg you, find your balls and reach out, TO ME. I will get you the help you need if I have to charge that nest for you. Don't be a pu$$y and take the easy way out." He'd say this after every final formation every day. For the 7 years I served under him, our brigade was the only brigade in the state with a 0 for suicide incidents including reported attempts and we led the state with the number of soldiers seeking counselling for mental health. In contrast, the last half a year alone, my old unit lost 4 to suicide, 19 in the state, 113 ATTEMPTs so far this year. Yeah, the CSM's words were blunt, to the point but I think they worked.

Outboard motor repair. Water. Thats it. Pull carb,flush fuel system, replace fuel in tank with fresh gas. 2 hours.
A little attention to detail gies a long way. When not in use,Close the damn tank vent!!

-
Back