Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a neighborhood family owned hardware store going out of business. Sad to loose it. Always my first stop fo anything home related. I did my best. 2 new and 1 used snow blower, a used lawn mower, 3 humidifiers and yearly filters, our gas grill, paint, hardware, fertilizer and rental equipment. They service what they sell. You don't get that at Menards. Had a customer buy a generator for his car trailer from Menards. He took it home, put in gas and oil and it wouldn't start. (no spark) took it back and they wouldn't refund or exchange because he put gas in it. He had to take it to a authorized repair center 50 miles away. That's the kind of service you get with a cheap price.
Yep this week, I ordered and got Plymouth key blanks. Went to Ace and they wouldn't cut them because they weren't their keys. I took them to the old family hardware store and they cut them at no charge since I brought the blanks. I didn't walk out though before I bought $20 of stuff. Great service!!

Ok. Start this motor, it runs. One pull. Rev it , idle it. Drops a cylinder. Wtf??
Pulled plugs, one is like new,other has a little soot.
Bottom one seemed loose, but hard to tell as my socket binds in the well. So, stuck it in lathe and took .040 off and re-installed plugs. Has been running 20 minutes and hasnt skipped a beat.

Pb and naner sammich, big bowl of fruit salad and a glass of milk.
Havent gone to a restaurant all week. I never wanted to come into the house for lunch, because the couch is so tempting. But i overcame the urge to nap. Except wednesday. 20 minutes.

TGIF to you working people. Been out in the garage shinning up the car for a show tomorrow. Spent a couple hours yesterday polishing up a set of deluxe chrome wheel covers I picked up at MOPARS in the Park. Hardly a dent or scratch on them. They obliviously were not used much. All I had to do was remove 50 years of grime.

Off for a haircut.

I recommend you get them all cut....

Yep this week, I ordered and got Plymouth key blanks. Went to Ace and they wouldn't cut them because they weren't their keys. I took them to the old family hardware store and they cut them at no charge since I brought the blanks. I didn't walk out though before I bought $20 of stuff. Great service!!

Ya coulda sent to me I have an old Curtis Key Machine, in my shop........

And Mitch could have cut them to fit his GTS.... :lol: :poke:

Fly-by done... :steering:

Not much time this week with work and the kid... He hit a pot hole on his way home from work on Saturday night and fixed it on the road... Then as he was pulling in the driveway, the CV joint blew on that same corner... The bolts were rusted in and stripped, so we had to take it to our local shop to get fixed...

And then the tire to the tire shop so they could weasle out of the road hazard warranty saying it is only good for 3 years... WTF??? :wtf: :BangHead: :icon_fU:

We're going to start looking for another tire shop... :icon_fU: :icon_fU: :icon_fU: :mob:

The repair shop was able to fix the axle before the tire shop could fix his loose tire... Another WTF.... :wtf: :BangHead:

Only got 4 hours sleep on Tuesday and trying to catch up all week.... :BangHead:

I'm already over 40 hours at work for the week, so today is all OT pay!!! :thumbsup:

I should be able to get a good 9 hours in.... :steering:

I have a neighborhood family owned hardware store going out of business. Sad to loose it. Always my first stop fo anything home related. I did my best. 2 new and 1 used snow blower, a used lawn mower, 3 humidifiers and yearly filters, our gas grill, paint, hardware, fertilizer and rental equipment. They service what they sell. You don't get that at Menards. Had a customer buy a generator for his car trailer from Menards. He took it home, put in gas and oil and it wouldn't start. (no spark) took it back and they wouldn't refund or exchange because he put gas in it. He had to take it to a authorized repair center 50 miles away. That's the kind of service you get with a cheap price.
that place laying off is a foundry -brass and bronze. Mostly make ingots of precise alloys used by other places to make 'stuff'.
Our 'family' hardware is an ACE. They cut my car blanks I got online, but did charge me for doing it.
They do a pretty good business there. They don't try to compete on big items. Can often find hardware there that the big box doesn't have

that place laying off is a foundry -brass and bronze. Mostly make ingots of precise alloys used by other places to make 'stuff'.
Our 'family' hardware is an ACE. They cut my car blanks I got online, but did charge me for doing it.
They do a pretty good business there. They don't try to compete on big items. Can often find hardware there that the big box doesn't have
Sad to see small business close for what ever reason whether it be a 5 employee hardware store or a 50 employee foundry. Brass and bronze is a specialty niche. I imagine somewhere overseas does it cheaper. Not to open a can of worms or get political here but we have EPA, OSHA, and unions. China has no rules and very low wages.

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY!!

Stuck alongside road in a 1943 M3 White with a flat head 6 Chrysler. Coolant pushing out from the cap. Will not go into the over flow tank, new hoses, new radiator, new thermostat, which has now been removed and still pushing fluid out. Overflow Line has had a brush ran down it, not clogged. Coolant is brand new. Engine temp is is steady between 140-155,

Wrong cap. Unless its pushing a torrent of fluid then head gasket. Or rad is plugged near solid.

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY!!

Stuck alongside road in a 1943 M3 White with a flat head 6 Chrysler. Coolant pushing out from the cap. Will not go into the over flow tank, new hoses, new radiator, new thermostat, which has now been removed and still pushing fluid out. Overflow Line has had a brush ran down it, not clogged. Coolant is brand new. Engine temp is is steady between 140-155,
Sounds like you lost the head gasket and you are pushing compression into the coolant jacket. Otherwise, the coolant would simply expand to max volume at the temp and stop overflowing.

It’s also possible that your radiator cap is fubar.

Sounds like you lost the head gasket and you are pushing compression into the coolant jacket. Otherwise, the coolant would simply expand to max volume at the temp and stop overflowing.

It’s also possible that your radiator cap is fubar.

Yep sounds like a head gasket issue.

Cap is NOS and just put on. I hope it's not head gasket... that's a huge problem

You just nailed it. Nos is not an overflow type cap. Nor is it designed for it. Would need a current style cap with a bung to match.

You just nailed it. Nos is not an overflow type cap. Nor is it designed for it. Would need a current style cap with a bung to match.
For this it is. Am the over flow system is factory as well.

I'm not an expert like you guys are... but I would think if the head gasket was blown it would overheat... especially if it was shoving that much coolant out?

FYI-- Being who I am... I would tap the radiator cap with a rock and see if it loosened something up if I was stuck along the road and didn't have a hammer or tire iron to try to tap it with... but then that's what I do in situations like that... sorryyyyyyy

Well, im at a loss.
Engine running,reaching operating temp,coolant expands abd makes its way into coolant overflow.pretty simple process.
If its gurgling out from cap, then either cap or bung is wrong.

-
Back