Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A body "rollers" seem to be popping up lately.

A few months ago I bought the 71 scamp as a rolling shell.

Now I got a guy telling me about a 73 dart sport shell

4 bills as a parts car or 5 bills with a piece of paper

Too many years in the auto repair business. Funny, lots them blow head gaskets, but no one fixes them.
Have done about 50 chevy vortec intake manifolds an a few v6’s
But never a cav/sunfire.

Well. The Friday night pizza hit an interesting turn. They were all out of the XL pies, so to make it up to me, they gave me a party pizza for the same price and doubled the toppings for no charge.

This thing weighs about 5 lbs. Extra cheese, mushrooms, black olives and meatball.

Oh boy, pizza coma tonight...I should sleep like a rock.

A5C9E242-F590-47CE-AB56-1F6E919F406C.jpeg

Too many years in the auto repair business. Funny, lots them blow head gaskets, but no one fixes them.
Have done about 50 chevy vortec intake manifolds an a few v6’s
But never a cav/sunfire.
Well... frame is about shot on it so no point in fixing it... cost more to fix it than it's worth.

Well. The Friday night pizza hit an interesting turn. They were all out of the XL pies, so to make it up to me, they gave me a party pizza for the same price and doubled the toppings for no charge.

This thing weighs about 5 lbs. Extra cheese, mushrooms, black olives and meatball.

View attachment 1715185174
Thats huge!!
I would be good for a couple slices.

2000 Cavalier
I can't even fathom a car that new.

My newest car has been a 75 and I have not gone over that in years.

Back when i was a teen i had a 98 neon. My first and only newer car. I had a friend who kept asking me to borrow the neon and one day, Idiot me let her take it........ came back on a tow truck smashed in the front. Last time I ever let anyone borrow a car. Luckily no one has ever asked to borrow my 68 dart.

I can't even fathom a car that new.

My newest car has been a 75 and I have not gone over that in years.

Back when i was a teen i had a 98 neon. My first and only newer car. I had a friend who kept asking me to borrow the neon and one day, Idiot me let her take it........ came back on a tow truck smashed in the front. Last time I ever let anyone borrow a car. Luckily no one has ever asked to borrow my 68 dart.
I actually bought it brand new as a work car. No frills... no a/c, no power windows, no CD... just a bare bones car to get me to work and back and cheap on gas. I do have to say, it did what I bought it for. When I retired the first time, I gave it to my daughter... and she drove it for about 8 years and then gave it back to me last year.

97 intrepid was my newest.
I just got my wife an 05 nissan x-trail.
She loves it.

View attachment 1715185174
I just got really hungry...

Pintos were fun! I used to trade my BBF F100 short bed to my sister just so I could have fun in the Pinto. :rofl:Handled like a go kart compared to that pickup :rofl:

Drove the SRT today to work. First time with the new 3.92 rear diff (trying to put more break in miles on it). Holy crap, it is amazingly quick now!

I drove every twisty road I know both on the way in and back home to break in the clutch packs. I even spent 20 mins in the big parking lot at work doing tight figure eights like they recommend.

I can feel it breaking in and getting smoother. It so much more fun to drive now, and it was a total beast before! I am being easy on it until it’s fully broken in, but it’s like riding a hellfire bronc that just wants to break the chain.

A Few hundred more miles and I can let it off the chain...I can’t wait!

Better drive it every day,Dave.
Will be the highlight, something to look forward to. And imagine all those days off work for traffic court....

Pintos were fun! I used to trade my BBF F100 short bed to my sister just so I could have fun in the Pinto. :rofl:Handled like a go kart compared to that pickup :rofl:
They were easy to get out of ditches... you just got a couple friends and picked them up lol. And yes... you are right.. they were fun.

Was driving my sons chooched up vw the other day,tunes blasting.
Stalled it when light turned green.
Restarted it,give it a few more ripms and pop the clutch,hit second and romp on it. 1/2 way across bridge i got a whiff of burning rubber-oops....
230 hp in a jetta is fun...

Better drive it every day,Dave.
Will be the highlight, something to look forward to. And imagine all those days off work for traffic court....
Amazingly, in the 12 years I have owned the car I have never gotten a ticket....and I haven’t been a saint while driving it either!

Ask me how I know how it handles on the interstate at its top speed of 174 mph...

:lol:

-
Back