Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Used to be Mt Vernon if you were Mexican, low riders, or E Street if you were other! San Bernardino Ca. Man the good times.....

:DDid the E St thing numerous times. So. I'm stopped at a stop light on Van Nuys Blvd on a Wednesday night. Had the "at the time" new and different 4x4 Toyota pickup, got plenty of :wtf: is that looks. A low rider is on the cross street right in front of me. He gets it hoppin on the primitive hydraulics they had at the time. Hop hop hop, and it's moving with every hop in an uncontrolled fashion. Hop hop hop, hops it diagonally towards the curb line. Sets that Impala right on TOP of a fire hydrant :rofl: . The tow truck was still trying to remove it from the hydrant on my next pass :rofl:

Well we made it

IMG_4880.JPG

Daily driver?
haha yeah fuel mileage is gallons per second

Made it where?
The local military air base putting on a display of ww2 air and vehicles. Flew in a b17 a little bit ago. No pics. The crew would let us . Something about static interference but i did get some pics with a disposable camera

Checking out Mopars At The Red Barn at the Gilmore Musuem...planned family get-together up there fell through but I already asked for that weekend off, was thinking I could still go. You could spend 3 days going through that whole place, I've been twice before but with cranky kids along, I think I'd like it better just going by myself. Michigan sure is a big state.

The cool part out of the dozen or so ww2 vehicles, my dad's is the only one confirmed to have served in combat in The war. Dad managed to track down that it landed in Utah beach 2 days after D-Day, Fought in the battle for Caretan and was turned over to the French after the Allies liberated Austria in 1945. Still wears multiple gun shot marks and other battle scars. Today was the first time we have had it out to the public and the first time it was overflown by a B17G since the 40s.

Kind of wish they'd let us put it next to the B17 for a photo op but the airport authority wouldn't let it on the tarmac.

-
Back