Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
With the quality of work that i can see, Tim- i will be cheering you on!

So. Opened my package from
RPM Reproduction Parts Marketing.
Headliner and rear wiindow gasket.
Prices are both higher than online catalogue and no GD locking strip. After the guy said it was complete. Thoroughly pissed off.

I finally got the hardware for the bathroom remodel. It was on back order. Installed it today.

9306C402-1FC2-4922-8E88-97E9864AE49F.jpeg

6D0BA897-8AE7-4256-A8F4-D3388986DE5B.jpeg

so decision time on the brakes for the polara.

Stay with the drum brakes and fully rebuild them, shoes, drums, bearings, hardware, master cylinder, hoses, lines etc.

Upgrade to A body disc brakes, for which I'd need the spindles, rotors, calibers and pads. Already have the shields, caliber brackets, old calibers, new hoses, lines and master cylinder.

cost for drum rebuild: 370 bucks
cost for disc brake conversion: 300-400 bucks

so decision time on the brakes for the polara.

Stay with the drum brakes and fully rebuild them, shoes, drums, bearings, hardware, master cylinder, hoses, lines etc.

Upgrade to A body disc brakes, for which I'd need the spindles, rotors, calibers and pads. Already have the shields, caliber brackets, old calibers, new hoses, lines and master cylinder.

cost for drum rebuild: 370 bucks
cost for disc brake conversion: 300-400 bucks
Disc brakes, no question.

Disc brakes, no question.
kind of what i was thinking. Drums are over 100 a piece and so far only via special order from NAPA. rotors are 35 a pop and everywhere has them.

the question mark is how much spindles are. Those will have to be sourced used, i know they go from 100-200 a pair on here all the time and that's where the 3-4 hundred comes from.

Wondering, why A body disc brakes? Why not B body?
because they are the exact same part numbers but if you type in B body disc brake spindles, people want 3 times as much. despite being the exact same as a 73-76 a body

Cordobas had 15” wheels methinks.
Thats a great write -up.
Need a link in the how-to section.

kind of what i was thinking. Drums are over 100 a piece and so far only via special order from NAPA. rotors are 35 a pop and everywhere has them.

the question mark is how much spindles are. Those will have to be sourced used, i know they go from 100-200 a pair on here all the time and that's where the 3-4 hundred comes from.
Didn’t Keith just scrounge a set of spindles off that parts Duster?

Can’t have my spindles. Want to stuff em under the barracuda...

It’s been over 6 years and 30+ different versions of this image and I finally have developed the skills enough to get it the way I want it. Doing the images for Mitch inspired me to go back and take another crack at it...

938CECDB-2E15-4CEC-8DD2-F8162294AA31.jpeg

-
Back