Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
As much as I like the barracuda and the duster episodes, i think my favorite episode is "pigpen" the 1950 GMC pickup
We laughed so hard at the one with the raccoon crap in it... didn't think they were ever going to get it to go more than 5 miles without something else going on!!! (It's smoking bad now.... oh... that is all the debris in around the motor. HAHAHAHAH)

We laughed so hard at the one with the raccoon crap in it... didn't think they were ever going to get it to go more than 5 miles without something else going on!!! (It's smoking bad now.... oh... that is all the debris in around the motor. HAHAHAHAH)
What car was it??

Going to watch pawn stars,tribute to the old man..

Seems like no matter how many times I watch roadkill episodes, I never get bored with them.

I can watch the same episodes over and over
same

As much as I like the barracuda and the duster episodes, i think my favorite episode is "pigpen" the 1950 GMC pickup
yep that one and the ranchero to Alaska ones are my favorite. I like all the junkyard rescue/road trip ones. Course I get really bad ideas from them

Two back at ya! :D

41562AA2-1F78-45E5-9F12-1611E9AE7B03.jpeg

1380D48D-FA5F-4DF2-BFE8-6406F42485BE.jpeg

Rockauto makes it possible to rebuild the entire suspension on the polara for 98 bucks not counting shipping. Course it's all el cheapo chinese ****
I truly think the "cheapo Chinese crap" get a bad rap. I have had good luck with Chinese stuff. What else can you buy?

Rockauto makes it possible to rebuild the entire suspension on the polara for 98 bucks not counting shipping. Course it's all el cheapo chinese ****
Well, it beats the hell out of the decades old rusted and stuck in the mud crap that’s on there now...and the price is right. You are underestimating the quality of the parts that Rockauto sells for your car that you have no experience with.

Besides, I thought you were doing this “road kill” style.

I truly think the "cheapo Chinese crap" get a bad rap. I have had good luck with Chinese stuff. What else can you buy?
I've had mixed results,but yeah pretty much everything chinese

Well, it beats the hell out of the decades old rusted and stuck in the mud crap that’s on there now...and the price is right. You are underestimating the quality of the parts that Rockauto sells for your car that you have no experience with.

Besides, I thought you were doing this “road kill” style.
I am lol. And I get ya.

China parts. Some good, some not so much. Anything dependant on complex casting or electronics makes me think twice.
Carbs is one and alternators is another.
My chinesium pellet mill had a cracked casting,didnt affect performance, but the factory passed it. There was paint in the crack.
Buddy’s chinese distributor,vacuum pot lasted one year.

China parts. Some good, some not so much. Anything dependant on complex casting or electronics makes me think twice.
Carbs is one and alternators is another.
My chinesium pellet mill had a cracked casting,didnt affect performance, but the factory passed it. There was paint in the crack.
Buddy’s chinese distributor,vacuum pot lasted one year.
And I guarantee that machine design was ripped off from another manufactures design. Bolt for Bolt rip off.

Chinese parts and machines all depend on the company that makes them. We use Chinese made parts and equipment in the Pharma business...but they have to meet our specs or no dice.

There are a surprising number of companies that meet or exceed our specs and make it better than we can get anywhere else in the World.

You just can’t take “made in China” at face value and decide if it is good or not.

Stuff made in j.a.pan was of questionable quality some time ago. You want precision or high quality steel? Japan has some of the best stuff now.
Japanese electronics-top notch.

It’s a global economy now and each business has to be measured on the quality of what they produce...no matter the country they are located in.

Never forget, there are plenty of places in the US that make junk too.

In the modern World, where on the planet you set up shop has zero to do with the quality of what you produce.

It’s a global economy now and each business has to be measured on the quality of what they produce...no matter the country they are located in.

Never forget, there are plenty of places in the US that make junk too.

In the modern World, where on the planet you set up shop has zero to do with the quality of what you produce.
While true in most cases. I used to work as fabricator for a company that builds drilling platforms. We sourced stuff from all over. However, we quickly learned that there is a huge difference in the quality of steel coming from our supplier in Brazil. We kept having failures of our drills after switching to the Brazil supplier. The solution was to either make the steel thicker or up the grade from Brazil. Both of which, negated the steel savings by going to them. Ended up sourcing the steel locally, same grade, same thickness as the steel coming from Brazil, yet the mast failures stopped.

That's just one example and I'm sure there's plenty of good examples of non- US made stuff being great. Simply saying I've had mixed results is all

True. And as you mentioned, if the standards are laid out, they need to be met.
Look at modern anerican engineering in new motor vehicles.
Theres lots of component failures.
I dont think its the manufacturers, its the standards they are required to adhere to.
Buy a product with a military spec and you got something.

Lubricants are a perfect example. Buy a tube of that runny snot they call grease made in china and compare it to the cheapest grease with a military spec.
I dont buy cheap grease. And front end wear is surely reduced.

My gut tells me that a culture with so little regard for human life or freedom, hazardous material dumping, you name it...I don't trust them to maintain quality no matter what they promise the outside companies who hire them. I avoid their goods whenever possible.

Good Evening All! My brother works in sales, seasonal stuff mostly, sells to the big box, Costco etc. He spends a LOT of time in China, going to factories etc. One thing he commented on is how they house the workers in some of those factories, stacked like cord wood. Kind of sad but it's a better life, living in those conditions, than many over there have. For me, I'm buying more American made products.

-
Back