Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I pulled this A Body A/T console out of my 65 Belve when I cleaned out the interior, the other day. It was very funky. But after I cleaned it up, it looks presentable. Maybe some new decals on top. Think I'll take it to Carlisle to sell. What's it worth, you guys???
View attachment 1715192225 View attachment 1715192226
now a days those are getting big money. I must be getting old because the days a console like that would get 75 bucks are gone!!!! They go for way more and I remember now how many I had in a stack, and gave away.

Dang, time is a raging beast

now a days those are getting big money. I must be getting old because the days a console like that would get 75 bucks are gone!!!! They go for way more and I remember now how many I had in a stack, and gave away.

Dang, time is a raging beast
Dang yur right. Just checked a little $300-$450 ... Had no idea........

Yep. And you can get the decal from Detroit Muscle. I bought a spare decal for mine...just in case I ever need it in the future.
Yeah... The console for my GTS is in Much better condition, And I do have the upper metal inlays from DM..
Hell I thought I was gonna have to toss this one, when I saw it in the car. Amazing what a little elbow grease can do......

So Carlisle... depends on if you like the person buying or not!!! :rofl:

Face it... we have all sold things for less than they are worth if it was someone we liked... haven't we????

Yeah, it not about what it’s worth..it’s about what you can sell it for! Anything can happen at Carlisle...

IMO there will be lots of those because it is Carlisle. Price it to sell IMO. Make it stand out...

So starting to get my stuff sorted out, and loaded in my trailer. Leaving room for the pick ups or course. I don't have a lot but some is valuable. Chris's heads come to mind.

I have one left that I saved in case I ever build an automatic car....... yea probably not.

That is the main reason I used to get rid of those, because you can't use them with a manual. Unless you want to pay a thousand bucks and get into a 4 speed console.

I have one factory 4 speed console car complete and another I pieced together. I discovered the hard way that 4 speed consoles are rare because they don't really fit all that well and are not usually worth the headache and hit to the finances.

200.00 or so IMO.
Agree. A couple hundred. $400 or so and it needs to be closer to perfect. The repop panels are $800 for the set if you want no pitts.

console trim 2.jpg

I paid 200 for a pos with a shifter. Was missing parts. Only pics i have.
A49C7158-B833-4683-87BD-62199C459EA0.jpeg
2ED8536B-A81C-47BA-9A9C-0B8625E57680.jpeg

It took forever to make the shift knob. And many attempts to get the shifter to work. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Got new phone. PITA getting everything set up again. Pass words I have forgotten....PITA.

The wood was from a balluster,chrome was from the manual shift lever on the column.
Chrome was so bad on shifter shaft i slid some thin wall tubing over it. Plugged pipe and used compressed air to expand tubing, worked suprisingly well.

Got new phone. PITA getting everything set up again. Pass words I have forgotten....PITA.
All my passwords are saved, in my documents. Actually i should back up my phone soon. Its been a while.

So starting to get my stuff sorted out, and loaded in my trailer. Leaving room for the pick ups or course. I don't have a lot but some is valuable. Chris's heads come to mind.
Yep lol

-
Back