Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Your loss...Our Gain......:lol::poke::poke::poke:

9260233.jpg

Honest opinions needed. For a cheap, temporary solution for the saggy rear leaf springs, can I use air shocks?

I would not. They place undo stress on the upper shock cross member. I have seen where that destroys those attachment points. You can add a helper spring to them now, until you replace them with new units. Not sure, but I think new springs for that are not that expensive. My 65 Belve had helpers, someone installed. I'll get a pic for you....

I would not. They place undo stress on the upper shock cross member. I have seen where that destroys those attachment points. You can add a helper spring to them now, until you replace them with new units. Not sure, but I think new springs for that are not that expensive. My 65 Belve had helpers, someone installed. I'll get a pic for you....
thanks! New springs for this aren't bad. just no one has any in stock. The 63/64 B-body had a unique front length. They make adapter brackets to put 65-67 B body super stock springs on but that adds 200 bucks to the already 400 in springs. I just want something that when i put my 30 lb kid on the trunk, the bumper does hit the ground. Keep in mind, the previous owner removed a leaf to lower the car.

From ESPO: Give them a call.
70-74 Barracuda, Challenger (E-body) - $220-$250/pair
63-76 Barracuda, Dart, Duster, Valiant etc. (A-body) $220-$250/pair
66-73 Belvedere, Charger, Satellite, etc. (B-body) $210-$250/pair
66-73 Chrysler, Dodge Full-size $310-$400/pair

Will do!

crap... no 64 B body stuff :(

Find a used set of springs,and add a couple to your stack.

I have added before, its not the greatest solution, but it is the cheapest. I’m cheap so i would know.

I had to add a leaf to my power wagon fronts to carry the plow.
Made a huge differrence.

Time to go wash an engine,crank seal puking oil all over belt and accessories. Easy to change tge seal.

So 64's are different from 65 ??? I thought they are the same chassis..

Find a used set of springs,and add a couple to your stack.

I have added before, its not the greatest solution, but it is the cheapest.
The previous owner did that on my Swinger. It rides like a old buggy. It works, It's cheap but it is not the way to do it. I put new ESPO springs on my 66 Dart 10+ years ago and never looked back.
135.jpg

-
Back