Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Shame they don't do the Budweiser Tune Up at Famoso from many years past. Got to see many of the eastern fuel cars without the headaches of the Winternationals. No pressure, tune the cars, get them shook down for the following weekend at Pomona. Took the 6 yr old daughter one year, "Buy 2 packs of Winstons get a free Winston Drag Racing T-shirt". Bought the smokes for my work partner since Winston was his fav. Put the T-shirt on the brat, gave her a Sharpie, "Go get yourself signed" I told her. She was covered in autographs. She slept in that t-shirt for a month and wouldn't let me wash it :rofl:

dang, that storm is now near a Cat 5 strength and within an hour of making landfall

Never tried that....Does it really work ?
I have heard it does. I would think you could drill a hole in the piston near the bore and die grind or saws all toward the bore. If you relieve the pressure you should be able to pound them out. Getting the crank out would be the trick. I got a 273-2 from the same guy and I was able to get the crank out with all the pistons stuck.

I have heard it does. I would think you could drill a hole in the piston near the bore and die grind or saws all toward the bore. If you relieve the pressure you should be able to pound them out. Getting the crank out would be the trick. I got a 273-2 from the same guy and I was able to get the crank out with all the pistons stuck.
i tried it once with a 318. i just let it soak for a few days, rotated the thing upside down, let the coke drain out, then hit it with a breaker bar on the crank bolt and it broke free

Coke dissolves rust (iron oxide) because in contains phosphoric acid. The PA reacts with the iron oxide and converts it to soft iron phosphate.

Coke is only 0.0017% phosphoric acid. You can make your own solution of 1% for around $1 per gallon and it will be far more effective. Phosphoric acid also does not react with the steel much so it only dissolves the rust leaving the steel intact.

Phosphoric acid is the “secret ingredient” in the POR-15 products.

Coke dissolves rust (iron oxide) because in contains phosphoric acid. The PA reacts with the iron oxide and converts it to soft iron phosphate.

Coke is only 0.0017% phosphoric acid. You can make your own solution of 1% for around $1 per gallon and it will be far more effective. Phosphoric acid also does not react with the steel much so it only dissolves the rust leaving the steel intact.

Phosphoric acid is the “secret ingredient” in the POR-15 products.

Saw this near work today. While it looks nice enough, I could see that it is full of bondo under that new paint. I had to wave at it because all the reflections in the paint were waving at me...

EB38EA61-900D-4C9B-A06B-5DF485DE75B5.jpeg

Saw this near work today. While it looks nice enough, I could see that it is full of bondo under that new paint. I had to wave at it because all the reflections in the paint were waving at me...

View attachment 1715233850
Looks good from far,at least from manitoba it doesent look bad.
Could be like mine, i’m doing it all myself,if it is shiny and runs, i will be happy

Looks good from far,at least from manitoba it doesent look bad.
Could be like mine, i’m doing it all myself,if it is shiny and runs, i will be happy
It’s a 20 footer. Closer than that, you start to see the flaws.

This is why it’s a bad idea to try to ride out a cat 5 Hurricane...

View attachment 1715233851
That's a storm chaser too.

My coworker, his 16 yr old niece was in a beach front condo in Mexico Beach, they've not heard from her since before the storm hit. Reports of cell towers off line so they're hopeful that's it.

Pretty much a Blizzard going on here.makes me sad.
I feel cheated out of a month of decent weather.

Pretty much a Blizzard going on here.makes me sad.
I feel cheated out of a month of decent weather.
Well, that sucks.

I fear our season is about to change radically too. High today was 82*, on Saturday the high will be 56*.

Well, that sucks.

I fear our season is about to change radically too. High today was 82*, on Saturday the high will be 56*.
81 today at 11, 57 tomorrow. Down to 35 Sunday for us

Fall was late to the party and Winter may be showing up early. It’s going to be an interesting weather season for the next several months.

Fall was late to the party and Winter may be showing up early. It’s going to be an interesting weather season for the next several months.
Yeah I was hoping for a long fall

Good Evening All! Well, I heard called the shop that's supposed to take my Duster in today. News was a little concerning, they have had some turnover with bodymen, now have to call me back to confirm November acceptance. Right now the Duster is in a borrowed car hauler, need to return it to owner asap. Supposed to get a call back when schedule is re-verified. Waiting....

-
Back