Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So today, work exploded into a total disaster that could spell the end of one of the mix of companies I work for. The issue was massive and the entire senior management team including the CEO were effectively immobilized as to what to do.

Then they turned to me. They finally understand the value and depth of my 30+ years of experience and shut up and let me lead. I charted the path, defined the limits and set the process in motion to walk down the razors edge and salvage the situation. They have all been calling me all afternoon and evening to get advice and direction like a bunch of drowning men hanging onto the side of me as the only raft floating in the raging seas.

It’s about goddamn time they understood who and what a I am. I guess the risk of having $100 million being wiped out hanging in the balance finally made them desperate enough to let their self arrogant BS go and trust someone who is an expert at this...and has done it before.

So today, work exploded into a total disaster that could spell the end of one of the mix of companies I work for. The issue was massive and the entire senior management team including the CEO were effectively immobilized as to what to do.

Then they turned to me. They finally understand the value and depth of my 30+ years of experience and shut up and let me lead. I charted the path, defined the limits and set the process in motion to walk down the razors edge and salvage the situation. They have all been calling me all afternoon and evening to get advice and direction like a bunch of drowning men hanging onto the side of me as the only raft floating in the raging seas.

It’s about goddamn time they understood who and what a I am. I guess the risk of having $100 million being wiped out hanging in the balance finally made them desperate enough to let their self arrogant BS go and trust someone who is an expert at this...and has done it before.
So now you'll stay on:rofl:

Sorry to say it but i doubt you will get any credit for it if you manage to sort it out,rather get the blame for not fixing it before it all went downhill.
Yeah i have become alitle cynical on that kind of mathers,i truely hope you manage to turn the whole mess around and get the deserved credit for it!

Sorry to say it but i doubt you will get any credit for it if you manage to sort it out,rather get the blame for not fixing it before it all went downhill.
Yeah i have become alitle cynical on that kind of mathers,i truely hope you manage to turn the whole mess around and get the deserved credit for it!
I’m not a middle manager, I am Chief Technical Officer. Regardless of how it all turns out, my weight of the true story carries massive weight...and they know that.

They cannot blame me. I have the documented facts and can destroy all of them and the company if they don’t do the right thing. The information I have can bar all of them from ever working in the industry again or any publicly traded company if they do anything foolish and don’t follow the path I have laid out.

I’m not a middle manager, I am Chief Technical Officer. Regardless of how it all turns out, my weight of the true story carries massive weight...and they know that.

They cannot blame me. I have the documented facts and can destroy all of them and the company if they don’t do the right thing. The information I have can bar all of them from ever working in the industry again or any publicly traded company if they do anything foolish and don’t follow the path I have laid out.

It's good to have the hammer in hand. :thumbsup:

Sounds like extortion a little. Not that I'm saying you are. But if they've done anything illegal or unethical and it's found out later on, it could swing and hit you too. Be careful

Sounds like extortion a little. Not that I'm saying you are. But if they've done anything illegal or unethical and it's found out later on, it could swing and hit you too. Be careful
That’s why it is a walk down the razors edge. I have been here in the past and know the risks. My holding of the details of information is entirely for self defense and preservation.

I went through a 2 year nightmare of criminal investigation against the company I was working for 20 years ago and know exactly what I am dealing with. I will protect myself and try to help save them at the same time...just like I did back then.

And to add, 20 years ago that company did the right things and was saved...later to become worth over $5 billion.

If these guys follow the path, then this will be nothing more than a short time of turmoil in the Company's history from which they will recover.

If they get stupid...it’s oblivion.

Hello... Just letting you know I am still alive. Working 6 days a week, had another one quit on us Saturday. Just didn't show up. Uggggg!!!

But on a good note... carb is rebuilt and new fuel tank is installed!!!

Hello... Just letting you know I am still alive. Working 6 days a week, had another one quit on us Saturday. Just didn't show up. Uggggg!!!

But on a good note... carb is rebuilt and new fuel tank is installed!!!
Hey welcome back

Gonna be raining in the AM and all day tomorrow. We are actually getting a different storm from the west as I understand it that will push the hurricane out to sea before it reaches us. So not much planned before going to work in the afternoon. Maybe some more garage organizing from a few recent projects.

I think he meant for in the AM. Early bird there...
I am looking forward to a beer after work. Couple more hours...
I am having a few this evening. Just got off another call from one the drowning men in Australia. I think I will have another 1 or 2 before I call it a night.

I informed them all that I go offline in 2 hours. I won’t be answering calls while I am sleeping.

One of my favorites was "Your salesman promised me at least 150 tons/hour and my foreman says he's only getting 125." the superintendent says. "Well I have the paperwork here that says you're getting 225 tons/hour, I can slow down if you would like me to." I said. :D

-
Back