Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They both look do-able.
I would lean towards the driveable one.at least if changes are made, it isnt going to matter as much.
The other one,better candidate for a restoration. Its a time capsule,period correct Everything.

If the prices are the same I vote the second one. Yes you have to get a bunch of parts but would be worth a crapload more done.

Morning all....been looking at the pics Karl's posting.
Both are nice, 66 looks like more time and money...JMO
But do like the Dark Blue Metallic...a color you don't see often.

Holly Molly !! complete !! the best year for the early A Barracuda I think, and just look at all those golden parts on it !!! buy it Karl !! BUY it !!!!

Or do all those pics say "Hey Dad which one do you want to do"...lol!!
Either way it'd make a great project together.
I agree with Ray, and lean towards the four speed.

Can I ask the prices?

They are asking $4500...

The kid offered the guy $3000 for the 66 before he went to look at it, but the owner says his bottom line is $4100... But with the torsion bar repair and some of the sheet metal rust, I think that's a little high.... But I don't think the guy realizes that it's an 8 3/4 or knows what it is, even the kid did not know it until I saw it in the pictures....

Look closely at this pic and you can see the 8 3/4 axle...

IMG_0733 B.JPG

Holly Molly !! complete !! the best year for the early A Barracuda I think, and just look at all those golden parts on it !!! buy it Karl !! BUY it !!!!
OOORRRR the kid buys one, and Karl buys the other?? Hhhmmm maybe the seller would give a two car discount??

Karl that dist on the 273 is probably the right dual point also. If he throws in the badminton racket it is a no brainer!

That's what we are trying to decide, they both have their strengths and some weaknesses, but both are nice cars....

Decisions, decisions.... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :drama:

Karl that dist on the 273 is probably the right dual point also. If he throws in the badminton racket it is a no brainer!

That's what I'm saying, there's tons of factory parts still on it... It even has the round spark plug wire holders in the valve covers....

But it doesn't run... I told him that as long as the engine is not blown, we can get it running.... I know my way around a small block and the trans can get rebuilt at worst if it's not a linkage issue keeping the shifter from going side to side...

I think that is a really decent price all the expensive stuff is there, all the trim looks nice, grill is nice those taillights are gold. Hell it has a hitch! You can sell that really fast if you take it off. That's easily 1500 in trim all together the long trim on the QP I sold for 250 and they were not that good.

That's what we are trying to decide, they both have their strengths and some weaknesses, but both are nice cars....

Decisions, decisions.... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :drama:
I can see a bunch in the 66, money that is.... If it gets parted out to bring back a 66 that works for me, labor and time would realy get in to the pocket book...

That's what I'm saying, there's tons of factory parts still on it... It even has the round spark plug wire holders in the valve covers....

But it doesn't run... I told him that as long as the engine is not blown, we can get it running.... I know my way around a small block and the trans can get rebuilt at worst if it's not a linkage issue keeping the shifter from going side to side...
So what does he want a driver or a project? If it even turns over I would not hesitate on it.

Four speed is a nice project.
Value could be there.
Buy it, minimal repairs to make a solid driver? Planning to sell later?

If i finish barracuda and dont like how it drives, i’d sell it.
Only reason.
I had a second pickup i got for a song,had a ton of work done to it, was way nicer than mine. Didnt like the ride, so i sold it.

Did you see the four speed car had a factory 150 speedo?? Not many did.
Also had the F7 on the fender tag so it is a true Formula S car.

I can see a bunch in the 66, money that is.... If it gets parted out to bring back a 66 that works for me, labor and time would realy get in to the pocket book...
Prob 1500-2K in parts windshield is 200, QP patches each side 400, trunk and floors???? I have the torsion bar crossmember if he needs it. Depends what you want to do with it. I see a year in that car at the least, but what is it worth done? Numbers matching, a lot of original parts etc....

Here is my question does he need a driver right now?

No, he has a 95 Jetta with a 4 cylinder and manual trans for daily transportation...

He has a 68 Valiant Signet that currently runs, but needs an alignment... We are going to start building a 360 for the 68 Valiant and transplant it as it has a 170 slant 6 in it right now...

He also has a couple of running motorcyles that he drives locally during the warm weather....

He has a couple flipper projects that don't run right now that he wants to turn over...

So, no he doesn't need a daily driver right now...

Or do all those pics say "Hey Dad which one do you want to do"...lol!!
Either way it'd make a great project together.
I agree with Ray, and lean towards the four speed.

I asked him if he could afford both... I can't decide myself and they are both reasonable projects...

He can't do them both right now unless he flips a few of his other project cars or motorcycles... Don't worry, the flipper car is not the 68 Valiant... It's a porsche I think a 924 that has fuel supply issues...

Prob 1500-2K in parts windshield is 200, QP patches each side 400, trunk and floors???? I have the torsion bar crossmember if he needs it. Depends what you want to do with it. I see a year in that car at the least, but what is it worth done? Numbers matching, a lot of original parts etc....
Well lets not forget the rearend and trans ! few bucks there for sure for a 66 Barracuda

At Carlisle on the show field, the early first generation Barracuda's have their own car club.

-
Back