Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Work don't bother me!:rolleyes:
It does me when it is cutting 7 tree's down and cleaning up all the top's, would have rather watched my nephew do it or even helped, but I agree, work (as long as it is no heavy lifting) I like it as well Ray

0000003.jpg

I would go for the four speed car just because it is mostly original and would worth way more done. Patches are a PIA to get for the floors, tried a valiant pass front patch did not work out great. I have the torsion bar section on the 66n I can cut out was just looking at it the other day, has one rust hole just on the pass side of the hump I believe but the rest is solid. Yours if you want the section you need.
I have the same rust under the back seat on the pass side on mine actually a easy patch. Just have to find out where the water got in to cause it.

I looked for the 66 1/4's for two years, I have a good set now off a 4 door Valiant , I replaced the drivers side floor board and drivers side rear floor board, never seen a complete floor pan, I will look and see if I can find where I got them at Karl.

The floors look ok, but just behind the rear seats there is some cancerous rust that has eaten some of it away...

The floors look ok, but just behind the rear seats there is some cancerous rust that has eaten some of it away...
The area behind the seats might be an easy fix if you get creative and make a metal patch out of some other matt.. seams like it to me anyway

Good looking 65 :thumbsup: I sure like that radiator you are not a fan of, lets talk if you get the car and pull it :thumbsup:
That is a great complete good looking runner Karl :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Check out this tach mounted in the dash of the 65.... Its a sun tach, but is it original or aftermarket... It looks like it was made to fit there from the factory...

IMG_0854 B.JPG

Larsons definitely has the QP patches for them. Trunk pan is not made I got lucky and found a decent one used.

Good looking 65 :thumbsup: I sure like that radiator you are not a fan of, lets talk if you get the car and pull it :thumbsup:
That is a great complete good looking runner Karl :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, that's the dilemma, should he get the 65 that is running with a very solid body, or go for the 66 that's a 4 speed with most of the original factory parts including an 8 3/4" axle and certa card under the hood...

I am going to post pictures of the 66 now and you will see why we are really struggling to make a decision... Each has it's good points and some weaknesses...

The 65 has an 8 1/4" axle, but not sure if it has been converted to big bolt pattern all the way around or not...

That the flasher lower left? Looks like the dealer option, had one on the Belve. Freaking thing is rare.

Karl just looking at that it has the hard to find parts, that grill is gold in that shape. I had to get three to make one.

-
Back