Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I tried fiddling with the bore gauge today but ran out of time.

I ran it down the bore twice and got two different readings so I am doing something wrong

View attachment 1715255282

It takes some practice to get to know them... You need to get it across the diameter and level... You want to watch for the smallest reading when you get it straight in the diameter and level across the bore...

Maybe put a piston in the cylinder to help you get the gauge flat/level....

Last edited:
Dog had a little accident on basement floor. In front of the pellet stove. Smell filled the house. So clean up. 4:20 in the morning. Yup. Not impressed.

Ugh. My younger sister is already stirring the pot over my father’s inheritance. I hate family idiots.

We have her roped in through my dad’s attorney.

But jeez...what a little evil worm she is.

I hate that. When my grandfather died 5 years ago, the coroner hadn't even arrived to pick up his body when my uncle started asking about his inheritance

With an event like this you see some's true colors. Every family has them.
In mine it was my brother and sister. Haven't spoke to them since my mother passed 11 years ago.

We had a decent day yesterday, 50. Primed the dash again, and it fish-eyed again. Not as bad as last time so guess I'm making progress.
30's for the next week, so no hurry prepping it again. Never had a piece do this before. Didn't have it when I took the old paint off.
Frustrating for sure.

We had a decent day yesterday, 50. Primed the dash again, and it fish-eyed again. Not as bad as last time so guess I'm making progress.
30's for the next week, so no hurry prepping it again. Never had a piece do this before. Didn't have it when I took the old paint off.
Frustrating for sure.
Are you using Prep-wipe before you spray, you can get it in a can and all you do is wipe it down

Toyota for trans service today. Easy job. Thats one week passed.
Centre section of bridge is gone,some massive chunks of steel hoisted out. Demolition crew have been going 24/7 since 12:01 saturday morning.

Morning everyone. Off work today so heading by dad to pull the trans out of his Barracuda for him. He is getting himself a 2400-2800 stall for Christmas.

Hoppy,
I meant to add yesterday about his distributor mods. He bored a hole in a protractor that was tight on the driveshaft and used an oring to hold it down. Then clamped a pointer on the housing. It is a simple degree wheel like when decreeing a cam. Yes, 8* is 16* at the crank. For 36* total

-
Back