Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Keith, Does it look like I can just cut it out square and add a replacement window? It is in the flood room that you saw. Might as well get on it when it is hot outside....the beer warms up to fast out there!

It's been a while but I think we would cut the weight rope or chain, insulate the box and install replacement window.

It's been a while but I think we would cut the weight rope or chain, insulate the box and install replacement window.

Thanks I was thinking that also just was not positive about it. Old 1802 house here.
Morning Rani!

Very good Rainy. How about you?
Hali if you mess with the box you open up extra interior/ exterior work.

Hali if you mess with the box you open up extra interior/ exterior work.

I had a pipe freeze there over the winter so first the window, sheetrock, paint then floor. Never easy here on anything.

I cant say for sure without looking at it. Depends on the construction. Mostly i would look at the detail and figure out what trim work will be needed to make it look right in and out. Also may depend on available window size.

Good morning Rani. We had a good weekend in that we're still alive and kicking after it. Other than that, I've definitely had better. Still trying to get the kitchen re-situated after our leaky pipe. Slowly but surely we're getting there.

busy weekend ....had a lot going with graduations and ton of stuff going on around. I have an uncle in town who was at my house and convinced me to have a beer for the first time in my life and that did not go very smooth because I am told I got wobbly and loud and after that everything else is pretty much a blurr. :???:

HD can make replacement windows up any size went through that one here once. The trim outside is what is going to be rough, the siding is sheet aluminum around 30 yrs old or so. White trim would look ok on it. Now that floor is going to be fun. Under that sheeting that was under the carpet is a Masonite looking material on top of plywood on top of the original floor.

busy weekend ....had a lot going with graduations and ton of stuff going on around. I have an uncle in town who was at my house and convinced me to have a beer for the first time in my life and that did not go very smooth because i am told i got wobbly and loud and after that everything else is pretty much a blurr. :???:

lmao

busy weekend ....had a lot going with graduations and ton of stuff going on around. I have an uncle in town who was at my house and convinced me to have a beer for the first time in my life and that did not go very smooth because I am told I got wobbly and loud and after that everything else is pretty much a blurr. :???:

Welcome to the BEER side. I see you had an initiation. LOL

Welcome to the BEER side. I see you had an initiation. LOL

OMG never again....I have no idea how you guys drink that stuff. I had something clear and not very much, I don't know what it is but it stings the back of your throat and then you don't feel anything after and then I had most of a can of beer keystone or something and that was enough to put me down pretty good. :violent2:

The floor warped? or is under the floor where the pipe broke?

The whole house is warped. I have fixed things level and they do not look right at all compared to the rest of the house! LOL Dirt floor basement and tree trunks for the main joists. I figure it has been that way for 200 years leave it alone. What is amazing no rot or termites ay all! I was going to put a dehumidifier down there and then thought what will happen when it dries out? Bang, groan, pop, really warp!

OMG never again....I have no idea how you guys drink that stuff. I had something clear and not very much, I don't know what it is but it stings the back of your throat and then you don't feel anything after and then I had most of a can of beer keystone or something and that was enough to put me down pretty good. :violent2:

Moonshine oh you got the full treatment

Sounds like moonshine to me. It must have been the Keystone chaser though.........

-
Back