Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I can still use rain the pond is only 3/4 filled and the stream that feeds it is just a trickle.

510-890007B.jpg

the inside edges hit on the runners of the intake - I did some reading and I guess it's pretty common, so I had to grind away at them to make 'em fit

yea, that storm blew through here last night - the front of it was like a friggin' train, it had to have been 60mh wind and heavy rain, no hail though and no lake!!! :thumbsup:
Yeh, it hit like a sledgehammer, but didn't last long. Got blasted by rain, but I don't thing the water totaled to much at all.

not even CLOSE - I "dry" mounted them and you could see through the edges and into the valve train - 1/8 gap!!
Mine were a pain to get to seal also still have some oil on the header prob just need to run it long enough to burn it off that is the only thing I do not like about heat wrap it is also a oil sponge.

these were "only" $125 - I have seen some fabricated covers that are over $300 - I think I would have been a lot more nervous carving into a really expensive set... now I just hope this works! :lol: - they fit, but will they seal??

as long as it is on the head "ridge" you should be good. Mark sent me a pair of cast ones when I was having problems with stamped one that Chris now has, no problems since.

I started grinding with a dremel.. way too slow. Went to my die grinder with a coarse pad, still not getting enough material off of it.. ok, full on grinder action then.. yea, that kicked it into high gear! But as we all know, ya gots ta be careful as hell with an electric grinder - it takes aluminum off right quick! :lol:

I think the front edge hit here at about 3:20. They had the warning up to hit Coatesville for 4PM. That's 40 miles away. To do that the storm had to be moving almost exactly 60 miles per hour!
yea - it got here at about 6:30 I think it was.. the lights even flickered a couple of times during that first blast

Hey @memike how did that phone interview go with the magazine guy?
Put off till Wednesday, I was busy with helping a fellow member and had no phone service that day, (69 M code Super Bee had to be picked up) I will keep you updated sir :thumbsup:

-
Back