Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Paducah KY for a coffee at Piper Tea and Coffee. Love this.

Hey there... How's the wrenching going?
Just doing little things like putting an engine in a dart and trying to get it going. I ordered a bunch of brake parts for it from oreileys. While the engine is out I decided to pull the k frame and v degrease and paint which is s bit harder than I thought. K frames are kinda tricky to paint prep because there's so many little areas to miss, so I have to keep going back over it.

20230607_194300.jpg

Just doing little things like putting an engine in a dart and trying to get it going. I ordered a bunch of brake parts for it from oreileys. While the engine is out I decided to pull the k frame and v degrease and paint which is s bit harder than I thought. K frames are kinda tricky to paint prep because there's so many little areas to miss, so I have to keep going back over it.

View attachment 1716099924
Always the busy Bee Rainy

Yeah.. i spent 2 hours degreasing mine... then 2 days later another hour.. and i have maybe another hour to go before it's actually clean... really hating k-frames right now :)

Sounds familiar... Yeah, getting down inside isn't easy. I like that Eastwood setup with the hose and nozzle you can run down inside the frame and spray that rust converter.

Sounds familiar... Yeah, getting down inside isn't easy. I like that Eastwood setup with the hose and nozzle you can run down inside the frame and spray that rust converter.
yeah, used that in my frame rails, worked well

Good morning C\_/ Actually after noon here but still drinking coffee.
I dont like to remove a K member if not absolutely necessary. Over time the K frame does sag/spread a bit and if it has been bottomed out, you might struggle to get the 4 bolts back in the holes. I've seen 3 bolts go no prob' but 4th bolt corner stands inch or better away from rail. Then a big C clamp and a flame wrench is required to draw it together.
Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Yeah.. i spent 2 hours degreasing mine... then 2 days later another hour.. and i have maybe another hour to go before it's actually clean... really hating k-frames right now :)
I said screw all that cleaning up and just replaced mine, but the steering gear box mounting bracket was all cracked up anyway. SO went QA1

20190425_172046.jpg

Finished the clutch in the '06 Mustang V6. Also changed the transmission oil. Now shifts like " Butter" please come and git it...

I said screw all that cleaning up and just replaced mine, but the steering gear box mounting bracket was all cracked up anyway. SO went QA1

View attachment 1716099932
Yeah.. i'll stick with some elbow grease and $10 in paint :) If i went tubular i would end up going rack and pinion also.. it's a slippery slope... at this point i'm kinda burned out and feeling like selling off.. just need to get back in gear

Yeah.. i'll stick with some elbow grease and $10 in paint :) If i went tubular i would end up going rack and pinion also.. it's a slippery slope... at this point i'm kinda burned out and feeling like selling off.. just need to get back in gear
It's hard working everyday and coming home and trying to get caught up on house chores and still find time to work on a restoration.
The Scamp was the first one I've done for myself so it was assholes and elbows getting it done. The old hot dog truck is taking me forever to do and loosing interest so yea I understand.

Yea QA1 Really didn't change the weight from the stock K member. Cost was about $3 grand for the complete with upper and lower control arms and 4 adjustable shocks. still running torsion bars.
How long ago was that? I don't see anything near that price listed.

-
Back