Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Trying to be productive, gazebo needs to be closed in as it somehow funnels snow in around the front door. I found a 7x30 tarp i can wrap around and close 3 sides. The peak on the roof is vented, got it closed in.

Went to church and out to eat then some Christmas shopping with the wife. We came home with 4 sacks full and I am beat. My old knees, hips and lower back can't handle standing for that long. I aired up the tires on the wife's car. (no biggie but something that needed to be done) 30# is too low. I need to put the cleaning supplies back under the kitchen sink. We got a couple plastic baskets to put the stuff in. That will help keep it in order.

Ok I have a question. I want to eventually swap out the headers for a manifold. I have a 318 in my dart. I found these on marketplace place. 1973-1976 Mopar “A” Bodies | Mopar exhaust maniford great shape went with headers instead | Facebook
It says small block but is there anything else I should be looking for in regards to fit?
Not to be nosy but why on earth do you want to take out headers for manifold? The advantage of headers span from fuel economy, more power, engine breathing, ease of working in engine bay etc etc
just curious, your circus your monkees!

Ok I have a question. I want to eventually swap out the headers for a manifold. I have a 318 in my dart. I found these on marketplace place. 1973-1976 Mopar “A” Bodies | Mopar exhaust maniford great shape went with headers instead | Facebook
It says small block but is there anything else I should be looking for in regards to fit?
Nope, too new. The 68-70 340 manifolds are the first choice and the 71-74 manifolds are next best. There are combinations of LA and Magnum manifolds that work well too. There are many threads here on FABO about all those choices. Yes, if the headers are in good shape I would probably leave them.

Not to be nosy but why on earth do you want to take out headers for manifold? The advantage of headers span from fuel economy, more power, engine breathing, ease of working in engine bay etc etc
just curious, your circus your monkees!
Working around the headers has been a bear for me. The run through all of the steering linkages. I couldn’t get them out of the way when I needed to get to the steering box before. The headers that are on there now are cheap ones and they aren’t in the greatest shape.

Nope, too new. The 68-70 340 manifolds are the first choice and the 71-74 manifolds are next best. There are combinations of LA and Magnum manifolds that work well too. There are many threads here on FABO about all those choices. Yes, if the headers are in good shape I would probably leave them.
I have been going through and trying to read as much as I can. Sometimes it’s gets a bit overwhelming with the headers vs manifold debate. Sometimes I just may not be searching in the right threads either I am sure.

Working around the headers has been a bear for me. The run through all of the steering linkages. I couldn’t get them out of the way when I needed to get to the steering box before. The headers that are on there now are cheap ones and they aren’t in the greatest shape.
Maybe research a good header that is correct for your application? Think, Dougs, TTI? Sounds like you may have an incorrect set somebody has made to fit somewhere along the way. A good fitting set creates a lot more room for most everything?

I have been going through and trying to read as much as I can. Sometimes it’s gets a bit overwhelming with the headers vs manifold debate. Sometimes I just may not be searching in the right threads either I am sure.
Wait until you start looking at 318 cams. :BangHead: :rofl: :rofl: I'll look through my bookmarks and see if I can find a thread or two. I know I saved some about manifolds.

@Petty Betty please note my point of reference is always hot rod or racer based. I do not restore! Very first thing I have done with every single Mopar is toss the exhaust and throw that miserable firewall electrical connections box in the trash! Then put in a roll bar so my opinion is biased as a result!

@Petty Betty please note my point of reference is always hot rod or racer based. I do not restore! Very first thing I have done with every single Mopar is toss the exhaust and throw that miserable firewall electrical connections box in the trash! Then put in a roll bar so my opinion is biased as a result!
:thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soup was good.
burp.

20231203_163320.jpg

Too cold for yardwork today so we went out this afternoon and walked nine holes of golf. :wtf:
Watching the Eagles- 49ners gearing up for the Chiefs game.

Probably the best one: 340 exhaust manifold vs stock 318

Sooo things I saw today at drill while officers and higher NCOs were giving briefings.

Two soldiers watching Netflix on their laptops.
One reading a romance novel.
Another sleeping under a pink unicorn blanket on the floor
Several females with pig tails and dreadlocks, one with bright f-ing neon blue hair paint.
And two soldiers…. Knitting scarves.
What the hell happened to the Army…

Im no fan of headers myself, give me a set of true dual exhaust and im happy. I have a set, may use them on the 360/megasquirt efi when i start working on my Dart.but with the power steering im not sure.

Sooo things I saw today at drill while officers and higher NCOs were giving briefings.

Two soldiers watching Netflix on their laptops.
One reading a romance novel.
Another sleeping under a pink unicorn blanket on the floor
Several females with pig tails and dreadlocks, one with bright f-ing neon blue hair paint.
And two soldiers…. Knitting scarves.
What the hell happened to the Army…
Sounds like a command issue for letting it happen. Glad you're almost done.

I understand that and I really appreciate the input. And as you guys know because it’s quite obvious my knowledge is low. I know basics so any knowledge you share is read and taken into consideration. I have been working my way through the forums and trying to read what I can and then Googling for more research.

Sounds like a command issue for letting it happen. Glad you're almost done.
It is. But not at the company level. It’s a battalion command issue. And in correction is attempted, the soldiers that were doing this crap, just scream race or gender or hazing or some combo of the above and the battalion staff backs down everytime. I’m glad though that my platoon is autonomous and we don’t have to interact with the rest of the company but this one drill a year

-
Back