Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well I am clearing and cutting more road up top today, perfect job for an Ox! May run into town and pick up my Dad and then hit Cabelas. I am in need of some media conditioner. Still got to study for level two Coach accreditation. We have to pass a class from Sports and Exercise Physiology Association. Plus the obligatory sports medicine portion. It is a pain in the butt and a bit more academic than I like to do. But heck I may actually learn something along the way!

I believe the people that we had look at it today are simply tire kickers. The issue in Vietnam right now is that the banks are not lending people money to buy either land or houses. That being the case someone would have to have a lot of cash to buy this large lot of land. Similar problem with the house I live in. It's much more expensive than most houses. So just floating everything around.
Ya healing up? Ready for round six on the welcome home tour? Just imagine if you shipped your shovel over there!

Well to help you out, Frieburgers Camaro that finally broke the 200 mph mark has a big block Chevy boosted and it’s pushing 1200 hp. In a tube chassis, fiberglass car.
So, you may be thinking of him finally hitting 200mph at El Mirage. He went 208, but that is only 1.5 miles. The car has gone 261mph. HP is cubed as speed increases.

Example: The power is proportional to the speed. To find the power take the ratio of the two speeds and cube that number. (power needed to go 180mph if 500hp gets you to 160mph) 180/160 = 1.125, 1.125 cubed =1.438 so 500 hp x 1.438 = 712 hp, rounded up So it takes 212hp just to increase speed by 20mph
DRAG goes up as Square of velocity. HORSEPOWER goes up as CUBE.

So my 200mph needs much less power than his 260mph. 260/200 = 1.3. 1.3 cubed is 2.197. so 1200hp (Freighburger's HP) divided by 2.197 = 546hp needed if all things equal. Obviously more is needed as the cars are very different, traction needs etc...

I stuck my head out the back door to see what kind of mayhem the atmosphere had in store for us this morning. Moon and stars shining brightly. The Coyotes across the street sounded like they were havin' a lot of fun with something :lol: Heck, they might be riding the rapids in the dry creek over there, well it was dry until sometime yesterday.

Morning !

th.jpg

So, you may be thinking of him finally hitting 200mph at El Mirage. He went 208, but that is only 1.5 miles. The car has gone 261mph. HP is cubed as speed increases.

Example: The power is proportional to the speed. To find the power take the ratio of the two speeds and cube that number. (power needed to go 180mph if 500hp gets you to 160mph) 180/160 = 1.125, 1.125 cubed =1.438 so 500 hp x 1.438 = 712 hp, rounded up So it takes 212hp just to increase speed by 20mph
DRAG goes up as Square of velocity. HORSEPOWER goes up as CUBE.

So my 200mph needs much less power than his 260mph. 260/200 = 1.3. 1.3 cubed is 2.197. so 1200hp (Freighburger's HP) divided by 2.197 = 546hp needed if all things equal. Obviously more is needed as the cars are very different, traction needs etc...
Was just tossing it out haha. So is your goal 200 mph then?

-
Back