Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Still up in the air if it will come out.......I did not plan on taking this out again......my fabrication skills might have left no room to remove....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
I like to build serviceability into my projects. Maybe thats why it takes so long.

I like to build serviceability into my projects. Maybe thats why it takes so long.
Its just the top. I might have left enough room. I had to make sure any modification allowed the use of the stock console location. That was the issue.....

Still up in the air if it will come out.......I did not plan on taking this out again......my fabrication skills might have left no room to remove....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Seriously can’t just unbolt at the manifolds?

Morning cool down and windy here today and I think tomorrow. Tim, can you modify your exhaust with 2 1/2 collectors to drop out the center section?

Seriously can’t just unbolt at the manifolds?
Headers, shorty. That is not the issue....Trans has to be moved back to remove, just about an inch. locating pins. The Tunnel over the GV unit had to be modified, rebuilt completely, and there is not much room to the rear. We will see. Might be able to tilt the engine trans unit to remove,

Headers, shorty. That is not the issue....Trans has to be moved back to remove, just about an inch. locating pins. The Tunnel over the GV unit had to be modified, rebuilt completely, and there is not much room to the rear. We will see. Might be able to tilt the engine trans unit to remove,
The engine is already tilted down some, a few degrees, to get it to fit. Getting that GV to fit in this car was a big project...IMO

ohhh i didn't know you had a GV... yeah should be able to tilt it down way more then enough.. dont' forget to check fan to radiator space when you do it

ohhh i didn't know you had a GV... yeah should be able to tilt it down way more then enough.. dont' forget to check fan to radiator space when you do it
Engine is already tilted, almost to the dist cap hitting, just to make install work....so............for sure will have to remove dist....
:(

well.. pewp...
Agree. I installed everything as a unit from under car. Lifted and rolled unit in. Slick. Now I might have to reverse that process. Different kind of work.....Have to roll car out of garage because there is not enough clearance to lift car high enough in garage...

Agree. I installed everything as a unit from under car. Lifted and rolled unit in. Slick. Now I might have to reverse that process. Different kind of work.....Have to roll car out of garage because there is not enough clearance to lift car high enough in garage...
I would remove the dist cap or dist even if you have to and try leaning it back a bit.. could also just loosen the k-frame bolts to give it a little more tip to clear.. only takes a little in the front to drop that back a lot

Could you leave the whole thing bolted together and simply drop the k frame and lift the car off of it

Of course the gear wrench I'm missing is the one I need

20240618_095027.jpg

9/16

-
Back