Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey Tim the last time I R&I my tranny I used 2 small rachet straps under the tranny and put the hooks in existing holes in the frame and ratcheted it down and back in. Worked slick.
Just looked. No place to hook straps under there..

Why Herman was always smiling.

View attachment 1716264990
Lily was insanely hot..
1718899282975.jpeg

Just looked. No place to hook straps under there..
I put my strap over the header than hooked to the torsion bar.. my main worry was if the trans moved on the jack and fell, i just would jack it up a bit then tighten the strap.. did that a few times and no worries at all

Can still do it with that though.. get the trans under the car, use a ratchet strap to lift the trans enough to get the jack under it, no need to get the car higher that way :)

Why not use a floor jack and put the trans on it under the car? that's how i did it otherwise the car has to be crazy high in the air...
As I have done countless times. But with GV on it it really won't stay on the floor jack. I don't want to drop anything at this stage. Trans jack is the ticket IMO. That overdrive unit is over 2 grand. Don't need to drop it

As I have done countless times. But with GV on it it really won't stay on the floor jack. I don't want to drop anything at this stage. Trans jack is the ticket IMO
No problem.. only reason i didn't get one was thinking i would only use it once.. hate to store **** :)

As I have done countless times. But with GV on it it really won't stay on the floor jack. I don't want to drop anything at this stage. Trans jack is the ticket IMO. That overdrive unit is over 2 grand. Don't need to drop it
And only 200 dollars on sale with members price..cheap insurance.

-
Back