Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Flooding in our neighboring town but they just have a dike system on the downtown side. The North Cedar area is the overflow. Waterloo will crest tonight and our dikes will contain it all with little or no flooding. It will crest at 15.8". The record level is 27.01' from back in 2008. Just a FYI. Thanks for tuning in.

1719425010873.png

Flooding in our neighboring town but they just have a dike system on the downtown side. The North Cedar area is the overflow. Waterloo will crest tonight and our dikes will contain it all with little or no flooding. It will crest at 15.8". The record level is 27.01' from back in 2008. Just a FYI. Thanks for tuning in.

View attachment 1716267916
Good to hear...............I was going to ask you yesterday about the flooding. The majority of it seems to be North and West of you, correct?

Did some work on my buddy Steve from Church car today. He helps me out a lot. He is always available to pick me up or drop me off at the Airport. And he tries to keep me straight. He is a Christian man and tells me exactly how he sees me. Steel sharpening steel. Only needed an oil change and an air filter today. So he is good to go...

Did some work on my buddy Steve's from Church's car today. He helps me out a lot. He is always available to pick me up or drop me off at the Airport. And he tries to keep me straight. He is a Christian man and tells me exactly how he sees me. Steel sharpening steel. Only needed an oil change in an air filter today. So he is good to go...
Too bad you aren't closer. I made an appointment for a oil change on my pick up for next Tuesday. I don't do my own any more. 5th. Street Tire. It's a Goodyear dealer and do minor car repairs. Dave, the manager has been there for probably 50 years and is a great fella. No high pressure sales there and service you can trust. And no $100 oil changes. (like most of the dealerships in town)

So question men. If you wanted to install a aftermarket trans cooler, where would you locate it? And don't say in front of the radiator....that is obvious....Best idea to get heat away from trans and engine.....I know options are very limited....

So question men. If you wanted to install a aftermarket trans cooler, where would you locate it? And don't say in front of the radiator....that is obvious....Best idea to get heat away from trans and engine.....I know options are very limited....
Tim, You could locate it under the car near the transmission, Put it in a flat position, It will still catch air there and help cool the transmission. JMO..

1719433489762.png

A friend of a friend had a '66 Fury with a 361. He would put a $20 bill on the dash in front of the passenger "If you can reach it, you can keep it." and then nail it. :eek: Story goes, he never lost a 20 :lol:

Might work...not a lot of options...
Not sure if it works for you but I put mine just forward of front shock tower tied to frame stiffener down tube. I realize you don’t have that but you might be able to create a nice bracket and utilize the void there? Come up off frame rail? It makes it handy for plumbing as well.

gregneddy.jpg

As we did with the oil coolers on our VW desert racers. Somewhere in fresh air and protected from flying debris. See it right there next to the fuel filler cap behind the door post. It was a vast improvement over the OE oil cooler inside the fan housing, mounted to the engine block, and 3" away from the cooling fins on the cylinders :eek: :realcrazy::thumbsup:

Tim, You could locate it under the car near the transmission, Put it in a flat position, It will still catch air there and help cool the transmission. JMO..
Guy built his car with air,no room for a transmission cooler in front of rad. Under car with a scoop.

-
Back