Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, happy birthday to our other July baby

a3f6150d4d70aa670d89273c219c927d.jpg

Morning all and Happy Birthday Steph..
We had family over last night Fred, showed them the instructors lounge, complete with full bar, eclectic library, pool table, dart board etc. They just kind of shrugged, then they saw your thong seat back! It stole the show! They went on and on about how cool it was!

IMG_5079.jpeg

We had family over last night Fred, showed them the instructors lounge, complete with full bar, eclectic library, pool table, dart board etc. They just kind of shrugged, then they saw your thong seat back! It stole the show! They went on and on about how cool it was!

View attachment 1716279163
Nice Lounge John, I tempted to that to my garage.

The Grand kids hand off was accomplished yesterday. My Florida girl has asked us several times if she could come back for the whole summer next year...she's a sweetie. Yesterday, we cleaned up the weeklong kids' aftermath, and then had friends over for drinks and a dinner out. They all came back to the house. The girls sat out on the patio talking about whatever they talk about. The other two guys and myself put a healthy dent into a bottle of Whistle Pig Campfire. A great day had by all!!

Spent the last two days trying to paint the tin roof on my boathouse. It's a complete slap-together piece of crap, but it functions. Roof was some Caterpillar Yellow panels and some odd green panels... Looked like shidodo... I climbed up with the power washer and sprayed off 20 plus years of ****. I thought an hour or two, five hours later I got it done. Next day I wheeled the air compressor out with 100 ft of air line. Wrong fittings on the gun. Too much extension cord, compressor wouldn't run. Frustrated and called it a day. Worked out the crap and got on the roof today and sprayed it with Rust-Oleum implement paint. Maybe it'll last a couple years. Lipstick on a pig, but at least it's not an eyesore anymore. Really need to just write the check and have a new one built, but I'm an inherently cheap bastard..
My shed was asphalt roll roofed. When a truck killed the smokers shelter at work years ago, I scavenged all the useable metal roofing. Cheap, but a lot of work. Saved it from further deterioration, and I eventually re-sided part of it.

IMG_8265.jpeg

I actually did a birdie rescue yesterday. Had one wrapped up in the netting around my blueberries. Held him with a glove on and snipped the netting away with a scissors. It was pretty wound up at first, but calmed down and let me cut it off. Was a bit beat up. Just sat on the grass when done. Was gone later, so either he recovered or something else got him….

I'll tell you that grade on 8 is tougher then Cajon pass or grape vine
And 4 passes over 4 thousand feet.
I've traveled over the Grapevine many times, both old and new versions. You know somethings' up when there's water station after water station alongside the road!

-
Back