Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
How did your birthday finish out?
The day good. We went fishing for sunnies. Just enjoyed sitting on a rock in the creek and catching one after another. Lots of little guys around
IMG_7425.jpeg

Went outside to get something out of the black Express only to encounter the lovely aroma of a flail mower composting a broccoli field somewhere up wind View attachment 1716279588 I hope the wind blows from a different direction tomorrow :lol:
When we flailed broccoli at end of season I always managed to figure out a way to be somewhere else? That odor just lays, it is heavy and pungent.

We are all gearing up for another school Team training session. We still have family here but I gotta hit the road about noon. Four hr drive to school. Be ready to go tomorrow morning. At least one day will be force on force so I will get pinged over and over as looks like I am scheduled to be the bad guy yet again. I never get to be the shiny white knight L

Nice, I used to go after crappie, bluegill as a kid, bring them home in a coffee can and fry them up
When i was a kid we would go fishing.. always dreaming of the big fish... and always got blugills :) We used to fry a lot of smelt, i haven't had that in like 40 years now.... some salt and vinegar.. mmmmmm

When i was a kid we would go fishing.. always dreaming of the big fish... and always got blugills :) We used to fry a lot of smelt, i haven't had that in like 40 years now.... some salt and vinegar.. mmmmmm
Funny story about smelt, I was up in the UP welding at a food plant and the local boys asked me if I liked smelt? I replied “smell what” they repeated you like smelt? I replied yet again smell what? In exasperation they explained smelt was a fishe? Well I had never heard of smelt! Down here smelt is a verb! Yankee accents are a thing fer sure! @RustyRatRod Long story short they took me smelt fishing. We load the truck up with beer, lanterns, etc but no poles? I see dip nets but no poles. By then I am figuring it is yet another prank on the “southerner” Figuring to myself clearly this is a snipe hunt. They got beer so I play along, we get to Waters edge and they bust out the nets and proceed to fill them with squirming smelt, which we then fried on the spot over fire in cast iron! Great times!

Funny story about smelt, I was up in the UP welding at a food plant and the local boys asked me if I liked smelt? I replied “smell what” they repeated you like smelt? I replied yet again smell what? In exasperation they explained smelt was a fishe? Well I had never heard of smelt! Down here smelt is a verb! Yankee accents are a thing fer sure! @RustyRatRod Long story short they took me smelt fishing. We load the truck up with beer, lanterns, etc but no poles? I see dip nets but no poles. By then I am figuring it is yet another prank on the “southerner” Figuring to myself clearly this is a snipe hunt. They got beer so I play along, we get to Waters edge and they bust out the nets and proceed to fill them with squirming smelt, which we then fried on the spot over fire in cast iron! Great times!
I just went to the UP for the first time this summer.. i LOVE it up there... but the thought of a winter in it.. **** that :) southern mich to northern is a different world in winter... but the feeling of isolation is interesting.. there is no one around.. i kept wondering what you would do if something bad would happen. We were out in the boonies though

Along those lines........she smelt a little fishy! Que Karl. :rofl: :rofl:

We use to go smelt fishing in my younger day , Point Pelee National park . Now that there is funny !

-
Back