Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Bill the plumber is here and pretty much done. No biggie just a new wax ring and no rot or damage underneath.(but you never know what you may find) He's going to work up an estimate for replacing the 100 year old faucets on the sink. He's good. AN older guy with a lot of experience on these old houses. He's a licenced Master. He's worth a little extra $$$

Bill the plumber is here and pretty much done. No biggie just a new wax ring and no rot or damage underneath. He's going to work up an estimate for replacing the 100 year old faucets on the sink. He's good. AN older guy with a lot of experience on these old houses. He's a licenced Master. He's worth a little extra $$$
Glad it was an easy fix.

Bill the plumber is here and pretty much done. No biggie just a new wax ring and no rot or damage underneath.(but you never know what you may find) He's going to work up an estimate for replacing the 100 year old faucets on the sink. He's good. AN older guy with a lot of experience on these old houses. He's a licenced Master. He's worth a little extra $$$
Interesting discovery. The sink and faucets are American Standard and the date of manufacture on the sink was Dec. 27, 1932 The house was built in 1921 so those fixtures aren't original to the house but we do know the bathroom is around 92 years old.

So, here is what I am dealing with with this Ford 3.5 EcoBoost timing setup. The biggest issue was getting it all apart. The valve covers were stuck and so was the front cover. Taking more time than I thought, but I think it always does. Just look at the timing chain setup on this 3.5. One large timing chain, and then two more behind each sets of gears that you see above to the right and left. Will be changing everything, including gears chains. , phasers ,solenoids. All of the tensioners and guides. Quite a job. I'm trying to help my friend from Church to save 800 bucks from having it done at the Stealership.
View attachment 1716304989View attachment 1716304990
That's there Rocket Surgery

Grandma and Grandpa's house had coal furnace till sometime in the 60's. I remember going downstairs and the "coal bin" was there and told not to go in cause you'll get covered in dust.
I'll have to ask my wife about her Dad's house in Winfred SD, what type of refrigerator they had. It was a farm and electricity came in later in his life.

Grandma and Grandpa's house had coal furnace till sometime in the 60's. I remember going downstairs and the "coal bin" was there and told not to go in cause you'll get covered in dust.
I'll have to ask my wife about her Dad's house in Winfred SD, what type of refrigerator they had. It was a farm and electricity came in later in his life.
Ours was coal and then probably fuel oil if it was replaced or converted. When we moved in, there was a huge old cast iron natural gas fired boiler. We replaced it a few years ago with a Weil McClain Ultra boiler.

Ours was coal and then probably fuel oil if it was replaced or converted. When we moved in, there was a huge old cast iron natural gas fired boiler. We replaced it a few years ago with a Weil McClain Ultra boiler.
the Grand Parent's house was converted to a miniature gas fired boiler (compared to the coal "monster" that there previously). Still radiator/steam heat when they sold house in the 70's.

Got a little further today.
And i just heard a bird fly into a window.
Back on assembling doors tomorrow.
IMG_1141.jpeg

Got a little further today.
And i just heard a bird fly into a window.
Back on assembling doors tomorrow.View attachment 1716305043
Hey Frank a big black cloud just passed over and is heading your way. Looks like it's getting bigger and nasty looking as it goes by. Might want to get all your cars under cover soon.

I enjoy watching a good storm when it doesn't dump on me. That green spot is not good and almost into Canada. Picture is taken looking to the North East.

IMG_20240918_200933081_HDR.jpg

-
Back