Stop in for a drink.

-
Too sweet!
On the flip side....I wouldn't use pabst beer as engine decreased, but this stuff is good :p

I can drink ONE before regular beer. Then too much sweet again.
upload_2021-4-23_21-49-31.png

Had to abstain yesterday for blood work. So double duty today
21 cases of beer on the floor, 21 cases of beer.
You drink them down kick the cans all around. 20 cases of beer on the floor.
I'll be back in a few to kill another case.

I called around today and found a few beer distributors in my area that still had some CEG in inventory. This afternoon I went on a beer run and bought up all they had. Another 32 cases. Between this and what I got earlier in the week, I now have a full year supply.

Cheers!

52D8557C-3C61-4C17-A8BE-1A95F281A64B.jpeg

799F9F54-0B54-403B-AB75-DB6DFFFF5A8D.jpeg

809E531C-90E0-49FE-BFF6-470FBE049A29.jpeg

I called around today and found a few beer distributors in my area that still had some CEG in inventory. This afternoon I went on a beer run and bought up all they had. Another 32 cases. Between this and what I got earlier in the week, I now have a full year supply.

Cheers!

View attachment 1715728010

View attachment 1715728011

View attachment 1715728012
So, I guess you like the stuff then? Who knew? LOL It is pretty good, Is it much different than Banquet? My regular is Killians - which is made by Coors. Hope they don't cut it too. But really when I can't find it I don't mind grabbing something different. Or even when I can find it... I like variety.
FYI everyone- when we had a get together at Dave's place a while back, he had enough CEG there to drown us all. :rofl:

So, I guess you like the stuff then? Who knew? LOL It is pretty good, Is it much different than Banquet? My regular is Killians - which is made by Coors. Hope they don't cut it too. But really when I can't find it I don't mind grabbing something different. Or even when I can find it... I like variety.
FYI everyone- when we had a get together at Dave's place a while back, he had enough CEG there to drown us all. :rofl:
Whatever makes you happy. I knew a guy who bought up enough Mcrib sandwiches to fill a double freezer chest.
Oh sorry I think that was an Al Bundy episode.

Yep, I like it.

It is quite a bit different from the Banquet Beer. More flavor with richer notes (particularly hops) and somewhat sharper carbonation that punctuates and enhances the experience.

I enjoy things that are genuine and are what they are...without trying to pretend to be something else. The CEG is one of those things.

I stocked it because I like it and don’t care what anyone else thinks. My life, my way.

Extra Gold isn’t being discontinued, they just stopped making it due to shortages... per a spokesman from the parent company, Molson-Coors dated Feb. 2021.

“Biery (incidentally one of the best names for the beer profession ever, although it’s pronounced more like “berry,” the fruit) said to make up for the national can shortage, Coors stopped production of all beers except its flagship Khaki and Silver Bullet for a month. “We took a month off canning Coors Extra Gold, High Life, Milwaukee’s Best – just went to Coors and Coors Light,” he said.”

Ball, Molson Coors increase production and sourcing to combat aluminum can shortage

Extra Gold isn’t being discontinued, they just stopped making it due to shortages... per a spokesman from the parent company, Molson-Coors dated Feb. 2021.

“Biery (incidentally one of the best names for the beer profession ever, although it’s pronounced more like “berry,” the fruit) said to make up for the national can shortage, Coors stopped production of all beers except its flagship Khaki and Silver Bullet for a month. “We took a month off canning Coors Extra Gold, High Life, Milwaukee’s Best – just went to Coors and Coors Light,” he said.”

Ball, Molson Coors increase production and sourcing to combat aluminum can shortage
Good to know.
Although I'm not a beer drinker anyway.
Like I said earlier whatever makes your ship sale that's what you go with..
I guess it pays to really research the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Yep, I like it.

It is quite a bit different from the Banquet Beer. More flavor with richer notes (particularly hops) and somewhat sharper carbonation that punctuates and enhances the experience.

I enjoy things that are genuine and are what they are...without trying to pretend to be something else. The CEG is one of those things.

I stocked it because I like it and don’t care what anyone else thinks. My life, my way.
Thanks Dr. Google.

That changes nothing for me and planning ahead. No guarantee it will return and, like several years ago when it went away for a few years, stocking it makes logical sense. Project management 101...have your contingency well established before you need it.

And yes, I have friends at Coors who have told me the same...no guarantee of the return.

Oh, and BTW, that article was a recent pick up and regurgitation of the original article posted a year ago. Things have changed since then.

So after a long weekend of gun bunny stuff it was time to clean equipment from matches. Two rifles two pistols and a side by side. I was drained physically and intellectually. The wind is howling amidst a fine snow storm up here this evening. It has no chance of sticking but it was like it sucked the life out of, snowing again? Arghh. So I decided to sip something yummy. And I mean yummy. If you like the heavy peat Smokey Scotches this is not for you. If you like hints of caramel finished in Sherry cask, with depth and complexity. So smooth it is like butter well then this 16 year old is for you. It is very tasty. I opened it and followed taster rule 101 let it sit one minute for every year before sipping. The neck pour was even good.

4C296499-A0D6-40A7-B390-C5D2A9FFF20C.jpeg

19E53D14-32A5-45C9-91F4-7CFD1EAA1280.jpeg

Moved 1200 lbs of beer today. This stack is 900 lbs. The other 300 lbs went into the basement.

F0FC3C7D-F24D-4350-92E9-0EF61EACE776.jpeg

4 months at room temperature. your cool basement will be the best. Watch temp swings. Because it is canned and in a case Uv is not a issue. The taste will degrade over time. Drink up or have a party Dave.

-
Back