Strangest thing found in your A body???

-
i didnt find anything in my dart when i got it, but at a car show i came back to my car to find a woman leaning way in it and when i started to talk to her she swore on her life that her boyfriend and her long ago had had sex for their first time in the back seat of my car, and her boyfriend claimed it was true as well. they said they remembered details about the interior and exterior or something, and knew it was the same car.

i would say the coolest thing i have found was two old Kansas liscense plates from the mid to late 20's

the wife claims to have found a **** ring...

First was a 66 Dart 270 2dr ht V-8 with 3 on-the-tree. Only options were tinted windshield, a radio, and white walls. Aftermarket A/C unit. Found original Certicard and sleeve under back seat. Found an old gas card receipt from 68. Gulf regular for 34.9 per gallon.

Car pictured at left, 66 Dart GT, 273 4bbl, disk brake, no rallye pack (so it has 4½ x 14 inch wheels). California emissions package on a car that made its way to Texas by 1971. Work on the car started in 1994 and the following were found: Bias ply tires all the way around. Freeze plug made from bolt, two washers, and some bike inner tube rubber. $3.84 found in interior underseats; 7 silver quarters, oldest coin 1938 penny. In trunk found shoe box full of 8-track tapes, one still in shrink rap (Bay City Rollers). There was a slide mount for the 8 track player that was long gone. Rear package shelf had been cut up for 6 x 9s and covered with black cloth that had been badly faded by the sun.

The 72 Demon I'm working on now since 2005, a functional, off-brand AM/FM/8-track that was mounted in the dash. Suprisingly new looking 6 x 9 speakers in rear package shelf.

My dad bought a brand new 71 Fury with a 360 2bl. After 96,000 miles Iwent to do a valve job on it. I pulled the left valve cover and one of the top row of head bolts was just sitting in the hole! It was never even run down much less torqued. Ran all that time without a problem.

This was not in an A body but kinda neat. In about 1989 I purchased a 1966 Olds delta 88 for 50 bucks. It was my winter beater, loved that car, named it "Screamin Mimi" Anyway when cleaning out the massive trunk under a bunch of crap and corruption 'I found a brand new never been used "Popeil Pocket Fisherman". Anyone remember those? The box was pretty ugly but the rod itself was untouched with the little cork on the hook to protect it and all. Still have it to this day in the exact same condition, man am I old.......

Just remembered,I found a pair of 1968 Alberta license plates under the seat of my Cuda when I got it home. I think the PO might have put them there as a surprise throw in but pretty cool just the same.

This was not in an A body but kinda neat. In about 1989 I purchased a 1966 Olds delta 88 for 50 bucks. It was my winter beater, loved that car, named it "Screamin Mimi" Anyway when cleaning out the massive trunk under a bunch of crap and corruption 'I found a brand new never been used "Popeil Pocket Fisherman". Anyone remember those? The box was pretty ugly but the rod itself was untouched with the little cork on the hook to protect it and all. Still have it to this day in the exact same condition, man am I old.......

Its my belief that items advertised as "collectable" , like beanie babies,
will never be worth much more than the original retail price.
Instead it's those odd items that no one concieved or suggested a future desire market for that bring the coins.
I've got a few oddball items put away for just that reason.
A collection of Popeil products wouldn't be complete without the pocket fisherman :)

Its my belief that items advertised as "collectable" , like beanie babies,
will never be worth much more than the original retail price.
Instead it's those odd items that no one concieved or suggested a future desire market for that bring the coins.
I've got a few oddball items put away for just that reason.
A collection of Popeil products wouldn't be complete without the pocket fisherman :)

Ah yes, I call them "Beanie Bastards" My Wife has multitudes of those little buggers in containers put away, and yes worth exactly what she paid or less.

So I get my demon home last summer and proceed to put new carpet in it. Upon taking the rear seat out and the remainder of the old carpet, I find these signatures. I guess a couple of line workers had a little time to spare.

What a small world. I think Dave Heller runs/ran a transmission shop outside of Defiance, OH. I know the name from somewhere. It seems like he was running a nasty Mopar drag car at the time I was referred to that shop for parts. That was probably around 1997 or so.

I love reading these stories!

I still have my pocket fisherman, in fact I use it in the summer to fish with my son! It works great! I guess I'm old too....

Sparky, wanna sell me your NOS one?

when i was ripping apart my cuda i found the original registration, and the regi for a harly-Davidson as well.

Also found lots of rust

I found a set of original keys under the carpet of my duster. & they still work!! Now I can use them instead of the junky walmart copies! My duster had all the original paperwork in the glove box when I found it so thats a plus. Plus the broadcast sheet still behind the back seat! But, my 72 Valli parts car had all the original paperwork in the glove box PLUS the window sticker! Too bad its a 4 door /6 car, lots of documentation....

I love reading these stories!

I still have my pocket fisherman, in fact I use it in the summer to fish with my son! It works great! I guess I'm old too....

Sparky, wanna sell me your NOS one?

Going to hang on to it, might need to go fishing one day... lol

Empty Stag pull tab beer can. it was behind....well kinda under the back seat. is is now in my kitchen lol. oh ya and a pair of fake gold earrings in the dash i guess they fell out the hole in the glove box.

Not an abody, but in 1982 I bought a 69 Charger RT/SE from the son of the original owner. Car had 50-something-thousand miles on the clock, etc. When I pulled the back seat bottom out to have a split in the threads repaired a couple of years later, there it was...a Decmeber 68 issue of PLAYBOY!! I still have it somewhere...REALLY wish I still had the car!!

If you have never seen a pocket fisherman.Here it is in all its glory. These were for sale sometime in the early 70s I think?

2008_03310002.jpg

how could you tell from the web??

From what I've seen around here at my house and other places that I shouldn't have stuck my hands. The webs are usuallly really fine, and very compact like a huge mess of nothing. Ever seen the movie "Arachnophobia" where thousands of poisonous spiders kill people in a little town and the main character goes down in his basement and kills the "Queen" lol. Kinda cheesy but I'm not going to lie. I watch that freakin' movie as a little kid and scared the heck outta me, ever since then I've been afraid of spiders haha... Anyway if you see the webs on there up in the barn loft thats kinda how it looks.

Oh yeah umm.. and for something weird I've found in my a body. Lets see... in the new project I found an old button that pins to your clothes that said "Pikes Peak, Co" then said the elevation of the town. umm.. Also found some of those green stamps that, from what my dad told me, back in the day you collected at the corner stores to redeem for prizes. I've founds lots of old coins. I found many old candy wrappers from the 70s and a little toy giraffee that is orange.

I found a bunch of 70's beer pull tabs in the back seat, pretty funny

One time working at a car wash in high school, we found a dildo under the car seat. That was funny stuff. The guy I was working with put the dildo on the center console and sent it down the line. lol! It was SOOO funny! The chick was just embarrassed, and got in in car and left. We never saw her again. :)

i got my scamp from a friend of my sisters and mine. when i cleaned it out i found tons of bottles of booze, mostly Rum and vodka but when my sister came out and saw me cleaning it out she looked in and said "huh all these vodka bottles are mine." "how do you know?" i said (they hadnt hung out in a while cause she moved away) well apparntly it was because she was the only one who drank that particular vodka out of all their friends. my sister is like 4'10" and weighs 100 pounds soaking wet. i thought that was funny.

i also found a japenese egg knife, and apparently they all used to put cigarette butts in between the door and fender cause when i took off the fenders i found at least a hundred in each one, they just poured out.

In one of my parts cars I found a bag of speed and some birth control pills, and in the '67 Barracuda I traded in for a '68 Charger I found some "stems and seeds" in the ash tray.

Hey, interesting thread!.....here's the one cool thing I found waaay deep in the back crevice of the trunk of my '67 Barracuda....kinda down in that "hole" at the rear seat. It's a little statue of this hippie dude with "you GURU on me".....looks totally 60's to me!! I keep this guy on one of the shelves of my garage....

P1002273.jpg

-
Back