Strangest thing found in your A body???

-
one time at the Ecology Auto Salvage in Santa Fe Springs ( California ) , I accidentally walked up on some dude "droppin' a deuce" in the trunk of a '66 Newport !

Needless to say , we both scared each other ; he stunned me by his presence , and I must've scared the **** out of him ( literally ) !!

20 years later and I still laugh my *** off every time I relate that story to someone .

wierd things i've found bought a 71 demon off of acouple of good ole boys and while cleaning it out i found a tin ashtray that has a naked girl in the middle of it with the saying ashes to ashes dust to dust if it wasnt for p-$$y are pe--ers would rust and a bowl seeds and atleast acouple of roaches still have the ashtray

I found holes in the trunk floor and back bumper bolts missing where a trailer hitch once was. Two owners ago towed a trailer for a riding mower. Apparently the old 80 year old dude wanted a car with a v-8 and a manual transmission so he could haul his rider around town to mow lawns. The prev. owner said the clutch was just fried when he bought the car from the old guys estate auction.

Not my car but....
Was doing a flood damage repair on a buds '70 Duster (Bought new by his mom).
When I pulled the carpet out there was a roll of 1964 Kennedy half Dollars. Go figure.

Not an A body...
When tearing down the interior of my '71 GTX the first thing I found was 4 new T handle shifters with 1 still in the Mopar box!
They were stuffed up in the console.
Then when I pulled the carpet out I found a complete joint laying on the floor.
Smoked it with a couple friends.
Nasty but still got a buzz. LOL

Later,
Bruce B.

Not my car but....
Was doing a flood damage repair on a buds '70 Duster (Bought new by his mom).
When I pulled the carpet out there was a roll of 1964 Kennedy half Dollars. Go figure.

Not an A body... When tearing down the interior of my '71 GTX the first thing I found was 4 new T handle shifters with 1 still in the Mopar box!
They were stuffed up in the console.
Then when I pulled the carpet out I found a complete joint laying on the floor.
Smoked it with a couple friends.
Nasty but still got a buzz. LOL

Later,
Bruce B.

Wow Bruce laying it out there ehh. Just think if you had some now. They say thats good for cancer patients I think???

In '68 my uncle brought home his new Polara hardtop. He opened the trunk to put his tools away and there was a complete thumbwheel radio, an antenna and a full set of wheel disks. Guess this car didn't get a predelivery inspection. Don't know what happened to all this stuff but would like to have that stuff now!

Where did that car come from? We have one of these here, still open.
dont mean to still the thread lakeside was an amusement park in Salem Va beside Roanoke Roller coaster was the Shooting Star rode it many times before thhe park closed late 80s

Not A body, but my dad found an old set of Vice-Grips clamped to the underside of his 59 belair, covered in the factory undercoating.

I bought a 440 to rebuild and when I removed the intake manifold I found this on top of the valley pan. It appears to be an aluminum cooking pan. :dontknow:

Attachments

• Pan.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 595
My girlfriend then, wife now, bought a 2 year old Maverick 2dr. I was changing a tire for her one day and found a bolt in the trunk that had at least 30-40 layers of different color paint on it. It must have been from the factory. The top color was red like her Maverick.

I bought a 440 to rebuild and when I removed the intake manifold I found this on top of the valley pan. It appears to be an aluminum cooking pan. :dontknow:
What you have there is the remains of the factory "diaper" which is an isulation pad that they put on top the valley pan to prevent too much heat from getting to the intake. You find them on virgin engines but rarely after they've been taken apart. They get pretty oil soaked and most people throw them away.

What you have there is the remains of the factory "diaper" which is an isulation pad that they put on top the valley pan to prevent too much heat from getting to the intake. You find them on virgin engines but rarely after they've been taken apart. They get pretty oil soaked and most people throw them away.

Well that solves that mystery! :cheers: I was wondering why someone would shove a turkey pan under the manifold!!

Bone yard find, good friend and I were looking for some part for a 67 Sport Fury he was restoring and in a Fury III trunk I found an order form and a brochure to order tickets to the 1972 Daytona 500. Best seat in the house was like $35 dollars. Also found a real glass Coke bottle, this was long after they has swiched to plastic.

I found a complete set of mouse bones stuck in a firewall hole? figured he got into a jam and couldn't get out.

found a very good condition build sheet under my rear seat, was very excited and got it framed than i realized it was for a 66...bummer

When I bought my 69, it hadn't been on the road for years. As I started going thru it, I found a rubber in the glove box. The rubber was still in the package and a not broken package. I assumed the rubber was still good, but when I opened it, it was so dry it broke apart as I tested it. It had to have been 20 years since it was made.

I found a complete set of mouse bones stuck in a firewall hole? figured he got into a jam and couldn't get out.

We found a complete mouse family in a nest, in the trunk when we got to the East coast, after traveling for a week. Wasn't there when we left! The under-hood pad wasn't there when we got there either! Cute little family!

When I bought my 69, it hadn't been on the road for years. As I started going thru it, I found a rubber in the glove box. The rubber was still in the package and a not broken package. I assumed the rubber was still good, but when I opened it, it was so dry it broke apart as I tested it. It had to have been 20 years since it was made.

You.. tested.. it? :-s

Never mind, I really don't want to know.

We found a complete mouse family in a nest, in the trunk when we got to the East coast, after traveling for a week. Wasn't there when we left! The under-hood pad wasn't there when we got there either! Cute little family!

Ha, cool. I still havn't figured out how to get the mouse nest material out of the hood support structure without cutting?

I also found an old dime under the rear seat. I intend to tack it back in there when I put it all together so it can stay with the car.

-
Back