Attachments

• 2011-10-09_16-10-22_511.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 583
  • 2011-10-09_16-10-33_353.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 583
  • 2011-10-09_16-11-10_600.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 578
never really found any oddities but i did lose something in it... haha

In 1995 I found three M-80 firecrackers under the center console of my 69 Camaro.

Then when I bought my Duster in 2010 I found a pack of Black Cat salutes and bag of fire cracker snaps under the rear seat!

I don't get how both old cars I wanted as fun rides had firecrackers in both.

I found 2 jack in the box ketchup packets under my dash. Living in Chicago there isnt a jack in the box close... when i pulled up the carpet i found a couple .22 bullets.

the strangest thing I ever found in my Duster was the other day...when, after owning the car for about 25 years, I found that the door buzzer suddenly decided to work.

Strangest thing I found in my Dart is Floors.

It wasnt an a-body but i bought a caprice a few years ago (long gone) The previous owners girlfriend (i hope) left her g string in the trunk lol

never really found any oddities but i did lose something in it... haha

Funny....

My Mom's cousin drove my grandpa's beater 1966 Barracuda way back in the 80's when he needed a car and when he was done with it it got parked in the weeds. Years later my dad went to get it for parts and my the cousin said "I got my first piece of *** under that glass!" Funny, I was just a little kid but I will never forget him saying that!!! :glasses7:

when we were restoring my Dart last year, I was finally getting around to getting the trunk lid done.. In between the structure and the outer skin we found an old street hockey puck wedged in there.. never knew it was in there... we couldnt find a brand name on it, but it appeared to be quite old.. probably been riding around in that car since the 70's lol... How it got to where it wound up is a bit of a mystery.. all we can figure is it bounced around in the trunk, found its way in and came to rest there.. I bet when whoever owned the car back then got to the street hockey game, they were probably confused about what became of the puck LOL

Recently replaced the carpeting in my car for the 2nd time.

So that's where my screwdriver went LOL :toothy10: :tool:

Attachments

• Demon AC Install June 2012 007.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 417
I took a rear quarter panel off a 68 Valiant, and there was a horizontal piece of frame, just below where the window would reach its lowest when cranked down.
ANyway, on it was a joint. All I can figure is that someone pulled the inside panel out, and hid it there, possibly to smuggle it into Canada (car was in Detroit). That, or a dude set it there during assembly. Or someone pulled back the window felt and intentionally dropped in in there. I craved a smoke, but it was useless.
Quite frustrating. Equally frustrating was buying a 97 Sable, finding a cd in the cd holder, only to find it was a Raffi cd.

I was taking apart a 68 GTS I had and fund a cone shaped Dixie cup down in the body under the rear pass. side window that had some kind of Chrysler safety slogans on it.Must have been hot on the assembly line that day!

I had a 63 Dart GT that had ants under the aluminum kick plates.

The reminants of a joint that was under the carpet in my '67 sedan...must've been a slow night on the line for atleast one worker.

Not a Mopar,but. Picked up a 69 Fireturd,dirt cheap.Drug it to the shop,opened the trunk.Lots of flashy hooker/slut type clothes.I think"That's wierd,bought it from a single guy."Made a couple of phone calls.Found out,he was a transvestite.Needless to say,unloaded the car quickly.

Not a Mopar,but. Picked up a 69 Fireturd,dirt cheap.Drug it to the shop,opened the trunk.Lots of flashy hooker/slut type clothes.I think"That's wierd,bought it from a single guy."Made a couple of phone calls.Found out,he was a transvestite.Needless to say,unloaded the car quickly.
ugh...i'm just saying....

Just bought a Valiant last night got a Christmas tree stand in trunk under some other stuff but got free set of jumper cables too yeaaaaah. Christmas came early.

Found these under the seat of my old 74 Duster. You can still see the 74 on the one ticket. A brand new Duster went to Disney

Attachments

• disney2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Disney1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 346
Hmmmm.....condoms, joints, liquor bottles, cross-dressing clothes, and dildi. I wonder if old Caddies, Benzes, and Rolls have these items in them?
THey say Henry Ford was concerned that some "horizontal" activities might go on in his carss, so the back seats were only 28 inches wide.
Human nature motivates the sexual activities, but you gotta wonder how much the advertisers also suggested the "freedom" that comes from having a car.

I like this old ford ad. All couples. I esp. like the scene at 0;26 where the dude with knee lenghth striped gym socks looks like he's trying to deal the chick.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoAgGc88ew&feature=related"]1976-78 Commercials Part 1 (ABC to Cap'n Crunch) - YouTube[/ame]

This could be a new thread - great car commercials and their subliminal suggestions.

This has been the strangest so far!
Found in "Lump" our old 74 more Door Dart Custom.

Years gone by, somewhere in mid winter south western Ohio.....
"But dad, we don't want to ride in your car anymore, it smells funny."
"Well somebody must just have something on their shoes, get in the car."

:cool:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 312
Back in 98 I bought a rotten 67 Dart GT out of a collapsed shed on what could only be described as a drunken hill-billy mechanic's place a few miles from my home. Honest to God there must have been a thousand empty beer bottles scattered around the property.

We found this Molson's stubby when I opened the drivers vent door. Still full! Hanging on it was his tech inspector ID for the 1978 Molson Indy race in Montreal.

Years later I was at a local transport truck repair garage and guess who staggers in? You got it! Good old Ralph!

Turns out he kept his car mechanics license and now signs car safety checks for his nephew who owns the truck garage (nephew does not have a passenger car license). BTW its 2 cases of beer per safety check.... :wack:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 292
  • photo 1 small.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 285
  • photo 2 small.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 279
Found this box under the front seat of my 64 when i got it.
Looks period correct, sometime in the 60's ?

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 265
Found all this behind the dash of my Scamp when i replaced the mangled cardboard glovebox... The drivers licence is torn in half, so I can only see the photo. Was very cool, given that the car has travelled halfway across the world. Anyone recognise the guy? (You Americans all know each other, right?? :) )

483197_322441517846775_322303219_n.jpg

-
Back