Super Charged Slant Six

-
Did get c/gas record.ran a 11.92 at 109.60 weighing 2710lbs.Didnt like the feel of the car that heavy and slow.Now pulling all added weight out and going for A and B nitrious records at Vegas with a 60 shot.350 plus runs on motor does have me a little concerend.I need a sub 10.93 for the A nitrious record.Sub 12.80 for B record that I got covered if it holds together.I want to put both in the 10.80s at Vegas.Gonna spray and pray,then freshen up motor.Guzzi Mark

Apparently slant's weigh about 285 kgs.
thumbsup.gif

Did get c/gas record.ran a 11.92 at 109.60 weighing 2710lbs.Didnt like the feel of the car that heavy and slow.Now pulling all added weight out and going for A and B nitrious records at Vegas with a 60 shot.350 plus runs on motor does have me a little concerend.I need a sub 10.93 for the A nitrious record.Sub 12.80 for B record that I got covered if it holds together.I want to put both in the 10.80s at Vegas.Gonna spray and pray,then freshen up motor.Guzzi Mark

Congratulations on your new record; that's MOVIN' for that amount of weight with a N/A slant six!!!

When is the Vegas run where you'll use nitrous?

Apparently slant's weigh about 285 kgs.
thumbsup.gif

I don't think they're that heavy.

From the /6 forum: "Most forged crank engines with iron manifolds will weigh about 450 lbs."

That's about 204 KG.

They're about a hundred pounds lighter than a 360 V8.

I don't think they're that heavy.

From the /6 forum: "Most forged crank engines with iron manifolds will weigh about 450 lbs."

That's about 204 KG.

They're about a hundred pounds lighter than a 360 V8.

Also, on the /6 forum, this quote from Doc Dutra, "A cast iron SL6 manifold set weighs about 50 lbs but add a carb, linkage, air cleaner, fasteners, packaging and it adds-up."

In a race car application, with an aluminum intake manifod and some shorty headers, you can probably knock another 20-30 pounds off that previously quoted figure.

So when are you going to run that at Bonneville?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07iwXmg3EUk&list=UUdlhD9PxvN089Jp_viRAQ-w&index=2&feature=plcp"]supercharged slant 6 71 duster lifting the wheel - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2AwfMklGHs&list=UUdlhD9PxvN089Jp_viRAQ-w&index=1&feature=plcp"]supercharged slant six lifting a tire again - YouTube[/ame]

Just a couple of videos of Steves 71 duster running the 1/8th. Had a new camera and due to...operator error! his best pass did not get recorded but we have the time slip. Best pass of 6.94 it lifted the drivers side 2-3 inches and carried it about 5-6 inches. Trans brake will help when it can leave under FULL Boost!

When someone gives me $5,000 to re do a bunch of stuff....I go to Bonneville at least once a year for different events,Trust me, I think about it alot.Mark

Just curious. Don't see many Mopars running there. I am still working my 64 Dart in that direction. Maybe I should do this 61 Lancer wagon. I thought road racing was expensive until I started looking into doing a Bonneville car.

Gonna go to my 1/8th mile track in the next month or so and try out the 60 shot.I also am only footbrakeing it,and can only hold car on the line to about 2800 rpm with a 4000 stall converter before car pushes.Trans brake would fix that,but open up a can of worms on my non rear suspesion.I run worn out flat slant leafs with a added leaf forward of the axel,upside down.Best 60 ft 1.49.Wanted better and cant get back to there.1.55 to 1.60 now.I will bee disapointed if car doesnt run in the low 6.90s with the 60 shot.

Gonna go to my 1/8th mile track in the next month or so and try out the 60 shot.I also am only footbrakeing it,and can only hold car on the line to about 2800 rpm with a 4000 stall converter before car pushes.Trans brake would fix that,but open up a can of worms on my non rear suspesion.I run worn out flat slant leafs with a added leaf forward of the axel,upside down.Best 60 ft 1.49.Wanted better and cant get back to there.1.55 to 1.60 now.I will bee disapointed if car doesnt run in the low 6.90s with the 60 shot.

Sure sounds old school. Yes, a transbrake does open up new issues. Ever consider Calverts? Might hook a little better. 1/8 mile where? You running a 29" slick?

IF I knew,spending a grand on rear suspension would lower 60 fts I would do it.My fear is I spend the money and time,and get worse 60 fts.Till anyone breaks or is even close to my records I think I will leave it alone.I know there is more in my car but why?till I am thretened.Mark

IF I knew,spending a grand on rear suspension would lower 60 fts I would do it.My fear is I spend the money and time,and get worse 60 fts.Till anyone breaks or is even close to my records I think I will leave it alone.I know there is more in my car but why?till I am thretened.Mark

Sounds like the smart way to go about it. Are you running a stock spring perch? Maybe lower the rear of the car a bit? If I remember correctly on that YouTube showing your car launching it appears that the car does not rise up, it seems to leap forward. Know anyone local with a Calvert you can borrow?

Spring perches have been modified,,have 2 settings.Watch the You tube vidieo Madmax Irwindale.You will see how the car launces and *** end raises.mark

Spring perches have been modified,,have 2 settings.Watch the You tube vidieo Madmax Irwindale.You will see how the car launces and *** end raises.mark

Almost like it has SS springs except the front end doesn't come up, just the *** end. Can't tell if you are spinning on the line. Doesn't appear from the vid that the slicks are fully planting. Are you running a snubber? Hard to tell. No matter that thing ***** and gits.

I think this thread has been hijacked

I have to agree, not that I care much. Hey, if you know of a time Steve is going to be running around the twin cites you should let me know I would love to see him run in person sometime. It's cool to see these slants moving that fast.

I have to agree, not that I care much. Hey, if you know of a time Steve is going to be running around the twin cites you should let me know I would love to see him run in person sometime. It's cool to see these slants moving that fast.
I sure will! We are putting in a trans brake this spring so it can leave on full boost! We will be getting quarter mile runs in this spring.

I sure will! We are putting in a trans brake this spring so it can leave on full boost! We will be getting quarter mile runs in this spring.

Be sure and let us know what it does for his 60-foot times. I am thinking about one for our turbo car... OR some truck rear brakes for holding a hifg stall speed. Boost is everything on these cars...:profilel:

-
Back