Swinging for Divorce…

-
Doc, a decent point to point wifi will solve the problem, just make sure it's unobstructed by any tree limbs and such. I installed a high end system for a school district I worked at over 10 years ago. It powered the ag barn so the students could keep track of the livestock in real time.

I want to build this workbench but I’m not sure I want to spend so much buying 2 new tool boxes and those dang slabs of butcher block countertops are 3-400.

Built this one over the weekend, less than 100 bucks, will get me by for a while. I also did cardboard boxes and carpet under the car.

I didn’t do anymore because I had a surprise visit from my brother and unfortunately it wasn’t for fun. His dad lived about 45 minutes from me and he had a heart attack and my brother had to fly out here and decide between Hail Mary surgery that most likely wouldn’t work or make the decision to say good bye. He said his goodbyes.

I’ll order F/R brake kits (thinking from Dr Diff). Deciding between 1.03 and 1.12 torsion bars then new shocks and springs aren’t needed until it is almost ready to be driven. The rest of the suspension is already completed.

Fuel I am thinking the new fuel tanks that have electric pumps built in.

View attachment 1716282594

View attachment 1716282595

View attachment 1716282596

View attachment 1716282597
Looks pretty good! You can always make it stouter if you want if it does not get too tall. More bracing maybe or another layer on top?

I want to build this workbench but I’m not sure I want to spend so much buying 2 new tool boxes and those dang slabs of butcher block countertops are 3-400.

Built this one over the weekend, less than 100 bucks, will get me by for a while. I also did cardboard boxes and carpet under the car.

I didn’t do anymore because I had a surprise visit from my brother and unfortunately it wasn’t for fun. His dad lived about 45 minutes from me and he had a heart attack and my brother had to fly out here and decide between Hail Mary surgery that most likely wouldn’t work or make the decision to say good bye. He said his goodbyes.

I’ll order F/R brake kits (thinking from Dr Diff). Deciding between 1.03 and 1.12 torsion bars then new shocks and springs aren’t needed until it is almost ready to be driven. The rest of the suspension is already completed.

Fuel I am thinking the new fuel tanks that have electric pumps built in.

View attachment 1716282594

View attachment 1716282595

View attachment 1716282596

View attachment 1716282597
Hey, Doc. I have 22ft of bowling lane (one piece). All pine, no dots, no arrows, etc. 2.25" x 42". Excellent workbench material. They usually sell for $100+ per 8 ft. Being FABO and a fellow Missourian, I'll give you (for free) an 8 footer if you care to pick it up (needs to be cut). Shipping would be a killer, the whole 22' section weighs 650+ lbs. Zip 63028.
Rick
Or you can buy one here: Used Bowling Alley Wood | repurposedMATERIALS

BowlingLane2.jpg

BowlingLane1.jpg

@DartManPlum340 that’s a great deal, I was just in St Louis too! It’s about 170 miles from me where you are. crazy you just said that as I searched “Butcher Block” on Facebook like 10 minutes ago and some bowling lanes came up at the top!

I am going to stick with my current workbench for a while as I really don’t need much more, it’s 8ft long and 40 inches wide. I added more supports so it’s pretty stout right now.

IMG_7935.png

Bad day today. City decided to shut my office down, they needed to reasphalt the road in front of my building. So got to play in my hot wife’s mouth.

IMG_7979.png

IMG_7980.png

great looking start to your project. so many new parts ! good luck with your build , can’t wait to see it done !

great looking start to your project. so many new parts ! good luck with your build , can’t wait to see it done !

Thanks! At this rate it will never get done lol. :rofl:

This weekend was going to be dedicated to organizing the shop more and then starting to put projects in order. But… I paid someone to install a front door and it was not installed properly… so I think I will have to do that… I didn’t want to do it which is why I paid someone, but I guess you get what you pay for.

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7937.jpeg

IMG_7940.jpeg

Thanks! At this rate it will never get done lol. :rofl:

This weekend was going to be dedicated to organizing the shop more and then starting to put projects in order. But… I paid someone to install a front door and it was not installed properly… so I think I will have to do that… I didn’t want to do it which is why I paid someone, but I guess you get what you pay for.

View attachment 1716284023

View attachment 1716284024

View attachment 1716284025
doors can be aweful if tricky. i’ve tried my best only to have my carpenter buddy have to help correct it later ! he makes it look easy .

organized shelves with dart parts.

Talked to Dr Diff and got my brake system squared away, will order tonight.

Looking at fuel systems. The problem I have with my purple car is when it is hot after driving it you have to crank it a lot before it has enough fuel to start. That burns up my starter. I know I want an electric pump but can’t decide if I want one mounted in line with a normal tank or if I want a tank with the built in fuel pump.

IMG_7992.jpeg

IMG_7993.jpeg

IMG_7994.jpeg

IMG_7995.jpeg

IMG_7996.jpeg

I might add a heat shield under the Carb before I throw another Band Aid on it. And ignore the real issue.

Only gas boiling over I have ever had with any engine, is with the slant and oem fuel line location. Move it over the valve cover and my issue was solved.
But then, I have had very few issues ever with any engine overheating, but I never built strokers either>? but... All were easy fixes.

Only gas boiling over I have ever had with any engine, is with the slant and oem fuel line location. Move it over the valve cover and my issue was solved.
But then, I have had very few issues ever with any engine overheating, but I never built strokers either>? but... All were easy fixes.
Fuel lines should come up from the front of the engine to stay away from engine heat. The side or rear is a no-no.

-
Back