take a ride w/ me in my 12 second /6 drag car

-
OK, so I just took some pics of the engine, I realised that I had a pic of me after I won the Hot Rod Nationals up in Woodburn,OR this year too.So you could atleast see me, and maybe you have seen me at MATS, or a dragstrip/car show.....anyhow
race3.jpg

Here is the engine....1963 225 block, bored 45 over, Weisco pistons,K1 Technologies forged rods, forged crank, that I knife edged, crank scraper,blueprinted oilpump by my friend Doug Dutra,Hughes engines double roller timing chain, MP cam/ lifters is a .590 lift,Smith Brothers push rods, RAS roller rockers, Feria racing valves....my ported and polished head. Clifford intake and headers, all gasket matched.750 Eldebrock carb,K&N filter......just a Summit fuel pump, running 7 Lbs. I think thats about it!! oh, running a moroso water pump drive, TCI rattler balancer for a 440.....anyone have questions?
DSCN1147.jpg

DSCN1148.jpg

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

just let me know!!

No questions here Kidd 8) But I do want to thank you for all the info and sharing that Very nice build with us :cheers:
Well maybe one :-D Rear suspension would be cool to know :happy10:
You sure have it eating up the track and doing it in neat style :happy10:

OK....I guess I will tell you the rear suspension....after I tell you how I bought the car. Was in Chico, CA. at my friends house.Wayne has some beautiful Mopars...including 2 slant 6 drag cars.1 is a 62 valiant. I was there buying some parts off a parts 63 Valiant for my wifes 2 door. Up on the lift was a 62 valiant....painted an old Pettyish blue. White rollered on shelby stripes.....but it had American Torq thrusts on it.....and the rear was a ford 9 inch w/ a crossbrace.Rear disks also!! I ask him about it, and he tells me it came from Sacramento California...was set up for a 440 and a 727, we lower it down, and the fenderwells were cut out for headers!! I had actually been talking to my wife about building a drag car, instead of beating on my Barracuda.We strike a deal...and I haul the car home 4 hours to my house.....it hurt a little to cut out the BB mounts, as I used to put a BB into everything! anyhow: The rear is a phord 9inch, w/ some kind of disk break swap on it. It uses mid 80's Camaro front calipers.It has 28 spline axels, and I put a spooled 4:10 into it.
Andrew/Kidd

Thank you for the back ground on your Valiant 8)You must be very proud of your build :happy10: I know I would be :-D
I am kicking around the idea of building me one of these Kidd, because I am not a young gun anymore and it would be a fun build :happy10:

That bucket is Badd!! I have a 1919 Bucket project thats waiting till after my 70 Road Runner gets back on the road. I have a 354 Hemi for it, but I have also a 273.....383's.....440"s, and do you how many people ask me if I am gonna put a /6 into it? About everyone.LOL I think it will get the hemi, or a 273.....anyhow, mine is a 1919 touring car...chopped to be a 2 door. Have a 1930 Model A frame, model a Radiator and grill.41 Willys steering wheel/column/steering box for it......its a pile of parts!!
Andrew/Kidd

I allways enjoy going for a ride,especially down the track in a kickass/6.8)
Thanks a lot Andrew8)

Sounds great and runs like a scalded cat! Thanks for the ride. toolmanmike

Kidd, that thing is nice. Great job.

I didnt notice this post had been brought back up!
Nope...I didnt win that wound.I didnt cut a good enough light! The winner was Aaron( another member here).I wish I had won......I am hoping to have it faster next year.I need to sell some extra parts to pay for a cam/lifter/springs......and matbe a carb change.Thinking a Mighty 575??

-
Back